22- Annabeth

Annabeth couldn't stop worrying.

When the Battle of Camp Half-Blood finally was over, Annabeth thought she could settle down with Percy, maybe get a house or something but no, Percy gets to go on another quest, which gives Annabeth even more grey hairs then she has already.

She spent the day at the sword fighting arena, trying to get her mind off of the quest.

Annabeth wiped her forehead with sweat. She jabbed her drakon bone sword into the chest of the straw dummy until it split into two. Straw got on her sneakers and her hair.

It wasn't the same fighting with a sword. There was different battle techniques compared to a knife. A knife was quick and you had to be sneaky. A sword was large and powerful, but it took a lot of momentum to be quick and it's hard to be sneaky with a large blade, which meant you had to attack the enemy head on.

Annabeth always kept a knife, from the weapons shed, at her side, attached to her belt. But it wasn't the same. Things have changed since a couple months ago. Sacrifices were made, a lot of them. One of them was Annabeth's weapon she had since she was seven. The knife that had sentimental value.

Annabeth shook the thought out of her head. She wasn't going to get all emotional in a sword fighting rank. She gripped her drakon bone sword and swung at the dummy, cutting it in half.