37- Hazel

One thing ran through Hazel's mind as she picked up Reyna's unconscious body: Run or stay.

If she ran, Frank might not survive the scorpion fight. If she stayed she could help Frank, but the odds of surviving the avalanche was slim, even with her magic.

Stay, stay, stay, run, run, stay, run, stay, run, run. She thought. The words flowed through her head irregularly, like her head was torn between the decision. Her heart got faster and faster as time ran out. Run, stay, run, stay. Her mind repeated.

Hazel wanted to scream. Her loyalty urged her to stay, but her gut instinct told her to run.

Heat began to creep through her face, down her neck and into her ears. Hazel was panicking. She has always been good at making quick decisions, why was she having trouble now?

However, something hit her much harder than all the other arguments- Frank won't survive the fall. He is not a bird anymore, he is human. He is a human falling to the earth like a meteor. After he dies, the scorpions will come after you. You need to get a head start.

Hazel turned around and looked up at the bright, blue sky.

She furrowed her eyebrows. Something was wrong. Frank wasn't falling. Hazel couldn't see Frank anywhere. It wasn't like he could disappear in thin air, so where was he?

Hazel looked down at the ground, horrified. The scorpions all gathered around one thing, a body.

Hazel's heart felt like the titanic, slowly sinking the the bottom of her stomach, being devoured by the waves of sorrow, bloodlust and heartbreak. Frank was dead. He was dead.

At this point, Hazel didn't care about the avalanche, or the scorpions. All she wanted was to mourn over Frank. It wasn't fair. How could she be cursed with such a horrible life? How could the gods make her this way? Was all of this just laughs on Olympus for them. None of this would of happened to Hazel if the gods just took care of their own business and not make demigods to do it for them.

Then, something in Hazel's mind clicked. She wouldn't back down and run away like she did in her past life. She was a sorceress, a fighter and a demigod.

The earth rumbled beneath her. Hazel was summoning the gems of the earth. Her anger fueled her power, and she couldn't stop it.

Suddenly, boom! Hazel jerked her head to the cliff.

Boom! Boom! Boom!

One by one, rocks exploded as they rolled down the cliff.

Hazel quickly covered her ears blocking out noise. Each rock sounded like an atomic bomb explosion.

Boom! Boom! Boom!

No rock even made it near Hazel, they all exploded before they could reach the ground. But, Hazel didn't stop. Her power remained strong, no matter how loud the rocks were.

Hazel glanced over to the scorpions, who didn't seem to like the noise either. They let out ear splitting cries that were barely heard over the sounds of explosions.

The monsters began to swipe at their heads trying to get the noise out of their ears, they continued to shriek and stomp at the ground, like a child during a temper tantrum.

Hazel watched in horror as one scorpion took it's own stinger and jabbed it right into his head. The monster crashed to the ground with one last scream of agony before disappearing in a puff of yellow dust.

The other scorpions shrieked in terror and fled the scene.

Hazel dropped down to her knees and sighed with relief. It was all over. The avalanche stopped and the scorpions ran away. For now Hazel and Reyna were safe, and hopefully Frank was too.

***
Hello everybody. Hope everyone is enjoying the book!

So I'm not going to talk for very long, but I have some bad news and some good news.

Bad news-
I am still going to be updating this book, but not every week. It's not that I'm busy, it's just I have all the ideas in my head, but no idea how to put the words on the paper, without being satisfied.

Good News-
So I want to enter this story in the 2015 wattys. So can one of you guys comment below on how to enter it and where to find a bunch of info? Because that would help!

Anyway, I'm annaf2002 and peach out!

🍑🍑🍑🍑🍑