16- Percy

"Mrs.O'leary!" Percy yelled as he hugged the big, black hellhound.

Mrs.O'leary licked Percy's face. Her tail was waging back and forth so fast it could cut concrete in half.

Percy felt so good to be united with Mrs.O'leary again.

"How's my girl been doing? Has Becken-"

Percy stopped himself. Beckendorf has always been in charge of feeding and playing with Mrs.O'leary when Percy was gone.

If Beckendorf was dead, and Percy was off saving the world, who took care of Mrs.O'leary?

"Hey," a voice said behind Percy.

Percy turned around and saw one of the girls from the Hephaestus cabin, standing in the middle of the sword fighting arena.

"After Beckendorf died, the Hephaestus cabin thought it was our job to take over his work. We've been taking turns caring for Mrs.O'leary. Leo...he even fed her once," the girl said. "I'm Nyssa by the way."

"Percy."

"I know," Nyssa said. "Listen, lately the Hephaestus cabin has been in a bit of a slump. We call it the cabin 9 curse. We've been trying to solve it ever since Beckendorf died. But now, we need to solve this curse more than ever."

"So why do you need me?" Percy asked.

"We need to know more about the curse. I need to go back to the Princess Andromeda, the place Beckendorf died."

Percy cocked his head. "But didn't that ship sink?"

Nyssa nodded. "Exactly. The Hephaestus cabin built a ship locator. We think it sunk in the East River, if we built it right, which hasn't been happening lately..."

"So why do you need me?" Percy repeated.

"I need you to swim down to the ship to help find clues," Nyssa said.

Percy nodded. "Ok, I'll do it." A rush of adrenaline came over him. Just one last adventure, it felt so good to get back in the swing of things.

"Good," Nyssa said nodding. "Just don't tell Mr.D or Chiron, they don't know where doing this, and we are going to get killed if we get caught."