34- Percy

(BTW I'm skipping Hazel POV for now.)

After Nyssa and Percy were escorted to their cabins by the harpies, Percy was like a zombie for the rest of the day.

All he did was lie on his bed and stare at the wall.

Percy wasn't much of a deep thinker, but he couldn't help pondering about Malcolm. That was Annabeth's brother, and they just brought him on a last minute suicide mission.

No. Percy thought. Nyssa sent Malcolm on a suicide mission. This wasn't his fault.

Even if it wasn't Percy's fault, everyone probably hated him. Even Annabeth.

Suddenly, Percy heard a knock at the door. Percy got up and slowly opened it. Standing in front of him was Annabeth, glaring at him angrily.

"Percy Jackson!" She yelled. "What in the Hades were you thinking?"

"It wasn't my fault!" Percy said said sternly, trying to keep his temper. Percy raised his hands like he was surrendering.

"I don't care if it was your fault, you are the guy who can control water Percy! Why couldn't you of saved him?"

"Malcolm was pulled down by the telekhines! I couldn't save him, he was already dead," Percy yelled.

Annabeth shaked her head. "What?! Telekhines were involved? Percy, we haven't seen those things since we were kids!"

Percy sighed with relief. "So know you know how hard it was to save-"

Annabeth's face turned bright red. "PERCY!! Just because these monster were ruthless doesn't mean you couldn't take them, and why couldn't Nyssa help out? This is my brother we are talking about!"

"Nyssa couldn't breath underwater, if I were to abandon her to save Malcolm, all three of us could have died!" Percy yelled.

Then something clicked. Percy and Annabeth were really fighting.

Percy didn't want to fight. He knew Annabeth already lost so much. His tone quickly got softer.

"Listen Annabeth," he began. Annabeth still look furious. "I tried to save Malcolm, I tried to get them out of there, but I just couldn't. It was scary for me to go down there Annabeth. And to make matters worse, we saw-"

Percy swallowed and felt a heavy pang of sadness in his chest, like a hail chunk was forcefully lodged into his gut.

"We-we saw Beckendorf's body."

Annabeth narrowed her eyes and shot an even worse glare at Percy.

"This is just too much Percy."

And she slammed the door shut.

"Annabeth wait!" Percy yelled as he swung open the door and ran outside his cabin.

When he looked around, Annabeth was no where to be found. All he saw was angry glares from other campers. It was so strange how Percy could go from the hero of the world, to the most hated guy at Camp Half-Blood.