51- Frank

Yay only like 11 more chapters of this book to go!! (BTW I'm going to be skipping POV's around to keep up the excitement)
**

"Frank...Frank wake up." A soft voice called.

Frank's vision was fuzzy, he could barely make out the two dark figures looming over him. Frank rubbed his eyes and groaned.

"Where am I?" He croaked. His voice was raspy, like he hasn't eaten or drank in days.

"Where about a day away from camp Jupiter," a girl cooed. The girl seemed excited.

Frank rubbed his eyes once again, watching as his world became clearer.

Am I dead?

Frank recoiled at the pain that shot up his cheek. A girl with long black hair just slapped him.

"Where have you been!" The girl complained.

"Oh you're Reyna," Frank mumbled.

That must mean-

The darker girl who was over Frank was Hazel.

"W-where have you been, Frank?" Hazel asked, voice trembling slightly. "W-we were all r-really worried."

"I was just knocked unconscious," Frank reassured, sitting up. "I was captured by-"

This isn't the time to mention him or the thing.

"A monster. And he dropped me out of the sky to here-"

Don't mention the thing yet.

"We should get moving," Reyna interrupted.

"Where are we?" Frank asked again.

He looked around. A small blue tent sheltered Frank, Hazel and Reyna. Frank could hear the roar of the highway all around him.

Were they searching for him the whole time?

"We're about ten miles outside Camp Jupiter. We don't have any money. You seem to weak to fly us over there and Arion won't come, I guess he doesn't like highways-"

Frank snorted.

"But walking won't be hard, we've fought tons of monsters before."

Frank shrugged.

"Come on, let's pack up and get moving," Reyna called as she walked out of the tent.

Frank shakily got up. He felt lightheaded, but knew he shouldn't say anything.

After Frank, Hazel and Reyna walked out of the tent, Reyna packed it up with the device the Amazons gave her.

The trio began to walk. Reyna was in front of Frank and Hazel. Frank and Hazel walked side by side.

A million thoughts whizzed through Frank's head.

We're almost at Camp Jupiter.

Those words seemed too good to be true.

"FRANK DON'T STEP THERE!"

Frank froze in his tracks.

"What's wrong Hazel?" He asked.

Hazel bent down at Frank's feet and picked up a small piece of gold.

"I'm sorry," Hazel said as the cursed gem disintegrated into her hand.

Maybe it's a good time to tell her.

"Hey Hazel?" Frank began after they resumed walking. "When I blacked out, I met your dad."

Hazel's eyes widened. "What do you mean?"

"He told me that I was the only person who could break your curse."

Hazel's lips upturned to reveal a small smile. "How?"

Frank took a deep breath. "I'm not sure, but Hades said I needed to give up my shape shifting ability."

Hazel frowned and looked down at her feet.

"But I promise I'll figure out a way soon!" Frank reassured.

"It's not that Frank," Hazel murmured.

"Well what is it?"

Hazel looked up at him. Her eyes were a mixture of sorrow and...fear?

"I'm not going to let you give up your powers just for me. I can live with this curse just fine."

Frank heart sunk, he shook his head. "No way. I'll do anything for you Hazel, I don't care if I need to die for you. I'll do anything."

Frank could see Hazel was blushing, but she shook her head.

"Frank, I can't-"

"Hey Frank! Do you think you can fly us up to the mountain? We're here!"

Frank turned away from Hazel, his mouth flew open.

I can't believe it.

Frank, Hazel and Reyna stood at the foot of Mount Tamalpais, and near the top, small fires lit ablaze under a small sign that read:

Welcome to Camp Jupiter