43- Annabeth

Annabeth sat at her desk, her pencil tapping rapidly at the edge of the wood.

A million thoughts swam through her head. The fight, why did I fight him? He did nothing wrong, those telekhines are cruel! But he killed your brother, no, he didn't kill him, the telekhines did. And...and he claims that he saw Beckendorf, but that's completely ridiculous, his body should have disintegrated from the blast.

The fight between her and Percy happened three long weeks ago, but it felt like just yesterday, the pain felt like just yesterday.

The sunken feeling in her heart sucked all the life out of her, leaving just a pale hollow shell of a demigod. She desperately wanted to get back together with Percy, but she didn't know if the happiness would ever be the same. Would everything work out? Or would it be nothing but stale love?

Annabeth couldn't concentrate on anything. Her mind was at a constant war. Too much stress, not good for the body, not good for the mind.

No solutions ran through her head, it could almost be possible there wasn't one. How could she possibly find that love she once had again?

Annabeth also couldn't stop thinking about Percy, Leo and Nyssa. How could she just stand by while Percy and Nyssa try and solve everything?

Percy could be killed, Nyssa could be killed, Leo could already be dead.

Annabeth racked her brain for a solution, but it was almost as if her brain has been fried.

What was going on with her? Children of Athena always had a plan? Why now? Why was she stumped now?

Annabeth glanced out the window, up at the sky, still sitting down at her desk.

Please Athena, She thought. I need wisdom to help find my friend, even if it means death.

Annabeth wanted to ask Athena for guidance on Percy, but she was scared Athena would ignore her. Her mother never liked Percy, however lately they've been on better terms. Also, gods never liked being asked too much,

Annabeth waited patiently for a sign. Anything, just anything. But, nothing happened. The sky was just a brilliant blue, no owl fireworks, or shines from heaven, just a normal cobalt sky.

Annabeth slammed her pencil down on the desk. She grabbed a spare drachma from a draw and ran off. She was NOT going to stand around and watch her boyfriend go off and find Leo, not this time.

"Percy!" She yelled as she sprinted to the Poseidon cabin, curly blonde hair whipping her face.

She opened the wooden door of the cabin and gazed inside. Percy laid on the top bunk of his bed, staring up at the ceiling. Annabeth could tell he had a lot on his mind too.

"Annabeth?" Percy said when he looked up at her. "What are you doing here?"

Was he still mad at me? Annabeth wondered. Come on Percy! You can't stay mad at me! I want to help!

"I want to help you and Nyssa find Leo. You might need some brains on your side."

"Annabeth..." Percy seemed lost for words. "Wise girl..."

"Percy...seriously, is everything all right?"

Percy shakily stood up.

"Percy...answer me, is everything okay?"

Worry crept up Annabeth's stomach and throat. Is something wrong? Is he sick?

She's seen what stress does to demigods, it drives them mad.