36- Percy

Percy and Nyssa took off down the hill towards the dining pavilion.

Hopefully we are just in time to clean up dinner, Percy thought to himself.

As Percy drew closer, he still saw campers in the dining area, just finishing their meals. They had made it just in time.

"Come on," Nyssa said. "We need to get back there before everyone clears out."

Percy nodded as he picked up speed.

When Nyssa and Percy entered the dining pavilion, everyone was just beginning to leave.

"Let's pick up the dishes and bring them to the kitchen," Nyssa said glancing around.

Percy nodded and began to grab the Apollo camper's dirty plates. Nyssa started on another table across from Percy.

After about thirty minutes, when Percy and Nyssa finished gathering up the dishes, they stared at the lava pool in the middle of the kitchen.

Apparently, lava cleaned dishes much easier and killed 99.9% of germs.

Of course, Nyssa and Percy had to wear serious protective gear. That included aprons, gloves, hats and safety goggles.

Percy grabbed some plates and a lava resistant sponge. He slowly walked over to the pool of lava and began to scrub the dishes.

Next to Percy, Nyssa bent down and began to wash the dishes beside him.

The demigods worked in silence. The only noise was the crickets and monsters.

These were going to be rough nights, but next week, Percy could find Leo Valdez.