8- Frank

Frank

Frank woke up on cold earth coughing and sputtering.

"Gods," he said. "What happened?"

Franks vision was blurry, but he could see he was in a large room, completely made out of earth.

"Hello," a soft female voice said.

Frank recognized that voice anywhere. "Mom?" Frank asked.

"Yes Frank," the voice said again.

Franks vision began to clear. In front of him he saw a woman, she looked transparent, but she also looked like his mother.

Frank couldn't believe his mom was standing...er, floating right in front of him. It's been so long since he'd seen her, she was as pretty as he remembered her. Her black hair was tied up in a bun and her black, almond-shaped eyes sparkled, even though there was barely any light in the room.

She was dressed in her army uniform, the outfit she was dressed in when she died.

Franks eyes widened and he shakily stood up. "Mom!" He said as he ran to her.

He couldn't wait to hug her mom, couldn't wait to feel her warmth of home he didn't have anymore.

But, Frank didn't feel anything. He turned around and faced his mom.

"Your transparent," Frank said sadly.

Franks mom looked sad too. "I wish I could hug you again Frank. You've been so strong, so brave. But it's finally over, and you've won. I'm so proud."

Frank blushed. "Thanks mom."

Frank could see that she was beginning to cry, tears coming out of her eyes.

"My Xiǎo nánhái, so brave," Frank's mom said quietly.

Frank knew what she meant. She called him Xiǎo nánhái, little boy, the name she called him when he was young.

She sniffled and then grinned from ear to ear. That was the thing Frank loved about his mom. She was tough, she always looked at the bright side, even if she was losing the war.

"Look at how much you've grown! My little Frankie all grown up! You look like Mars!"

"Um...thanks," Frank said blushing.

"You know, Mars always said you would make a fine warrior, and that made me proud!" His mother said with a smile on her face. "And your shape shifting! You picked up quicker than me!"

"Thanks mom." But then Frank frowned. "Mom, I hate to be rude, but why am I here?"

His mothers eyes grew sad.
"You could never be rude to me Frank," his mom said.

"Am...am I dead?" Frank asked worried.

"No Frank, I don't think so," his mother said. "I think your here because I needed to send a message to you."

Frank was silent for a moment.

"Frank, no matter what happens, I will always love you, and Hazel, keep her close, you have a special quality she may need to break her curse-"

Frank's mom began to disappear.

"And Frank, don't trust Mitchell Lee, he's going to-"

His mom erupted in an aura of blue light and then was gone.

"Wait! Mom!" Frank called out. But his mom was gone, and there was no trance she was ever there.