15- Hazel

Arion took of at the speed of 800 miles an hour. They were going to be in Texas in no time.

Hazel felt the wind in her hair. The buildings and lights were blurs as everything passed. She missed riding Arion. It felt like ages since the battle of Half-Blood hill. Yet, it only took place less than three weeks ago.

Arion picked up speed as the city of New Orleans passed by. It changed a lot since the 1930s.

Maybe some day Hazel could come back here with Frank, start a family together, just maybe.

But for now, she needed to get back to Camp Jupiter, go on an adventure just one last time.

The city was soon out of view and a sign saying "welcome to Texas" stood beside a large highway across a desert plain.

Hazel saw Reyna and Frank beside the road sign, setting up a campfire and tents.

Arion slowed to a stop next to a blue tent and Hazel hopped off.

"Good boy," Hazel said petting Arion's muzzle. Arion whinnied and Hazel fed him a gold ingot that summoned next to her.

"Hopefully one day this gold will stop popping out of the ground uncontrollably."

Arion whinnied and took off running, summoning a gust of wind that nearly swept Hazel off her feet.

Hazel turned around and gazed at Reyna and Frank's set up.

"What's all this?" She said.

"It's getting late," Reyna said. "We need to rest."

Three navy blue tents surrounded a small campfire.

"Won't the mortals look at us strange," Hazel paused. "And isn't this illegal?"

"Don't worry," Reyna said. "I manipulated the mist. So when mortals look at us they think we are just a patch of acacias."

"It seemed like a good idea," Frank said as he hammered a stake into the ground.

"Come on, sit down," Reyna said. "Enjoy the fire. Think of this as a very dangerous vacation."

A small but warm smile spread across Reyna's face. Hazel walked over and sat down near the campfire.