21- Leo

Once on the metal dragon, Leo set course for Hephaestus' Forge to get Festus fixed up.

Calypso's arms wrapped around Leo's waist tightly and her head laid on his shoulder.

Leo could see the sun setting in the west. They wouldn't be able to make it to the forge by dusk like Leo hoped.

Calypso let out a yawn. "Leo I'm tired, I think we need to rest."

"Okay sunshine, I'll stop at a motel," Leo replied. "If anyone asks we're 21."

Leo yanked the reins attached to Festus and the dragon began to decline.

***

In the hotel room, Calypso laid on the couch staring into space.

"Here," Leo said flipping through TV channels. "This is a device that probably no human could ever live without."

Calypso got up from the couch and sat next to Leo.

"What is it called?" Calypso asked.

"A TV," Leo answered.

"What does it do?" Calypso asked.

"Listen sunshine, I think what the TV does is for another day. The world has changed since the times of the ancient Greeks. I think it's time to go to bed."

Calypso took the bed and Leo slept on the couch.
***

Soon after dawn, Leo and Calypso headed out. Festus was sitting out front in the parking lot. No one seemed to notice him, except for a few mortals who had wide eyes and whispered something about a bulldozer.

Once in the sky, Leo pointed out things that didn't exist in Ancient Greek.

"See that building? The one with the green sign? That's called Starbucks. It's a coffee shop. Coffee is a drink people usually use to wake up," Leo said.

"What's that?" Calypso asked pointed to a ferry.

"That's a ferry. It's a big boat used to transport people short distances."

"What's that?"

"Cars, they're like electric wagons, or whatever you used in Ancient Greece."

"What's that?"

"A billboard."

"What's on it?"

"A Victoria secret model."

"What's she wearing."

"Too little."

"No," Calypso said. "What is she wearing. It's obviously not a toga."

Leo sighed. He did not know a lot about lady stuff and he didn't want to know. "You know why don't you ask Annabeth or Piper about that."

"Who's Annabeth and Piper?" Calypso asked.

Leo took a deep breath in. He felt a wave of sadness come over him and his eyes were suddenly itchy. His chest was heavy and his eyesight was blurry with tears.

"My friends," Leo said. "And I'm going to get back to them right after we fix Festus...if they're not dead."

This was the first time it occurred to Leo that his friends might be dead. Everything happened so fast in the war of Gaea and he had no idea what happened.

"Hey what's that?" Calypso asked.

"That's an airplane."

"What does it do?"

Leo sighed and began filling Calypso in about airplanes. But in his mind, all he wanted to do was make sure everyone was okay.

Hey guys! So I just wanted to ask y'all a question. Am I doing a good job of writing how Rick would? Because in the beginning you guys were commenting "oh your like Leo so much!" And all that and you guys stopped commenting and call me spoiled, I don't care, it's just I like hearing your input, so comment below.