31 - tread lightly,

Mid tossed and turned, feeling as his bladder was about to explode. He regret drinking so much water before bed, he tossed the blanket from off of his body and got out of the bed. He walked into the bathroom and flicked the light on, quickly handling his business. Once he was finished, he washed his hands and returned back to his bedroom, his soul almost leaving his body seeing the figure sit in the cushioned chair that was in his room near the window.

"Lotus?" he called out to her, he watched as she stood up and walked towards him. Appearing in the light, he could see as she had a face full of tears. Before he could open his mouth, he felt the multiple punches, slaps and kicks that she sent his way, making him stumble back into the wall.

He tried grabbing one of her hands, but failed miserably as she continued to attack him. "You fucking liar!" she screamed, shoving him hard. Mid ducked as she tried to punch him again, he grabbed her by the waist and tossed her over his shoulder. He walked back into the room, and threw her into the bed, pinning her down.

"What the fuck is wrong with you—" He managed to say, until Lotus was able to break free from his grasp, and slapped him as hard as she could. He held his cheek, feeling the stinging sensation in his face. Lotus got up from the bed, as he backed up, staring at her with a blank expression. "Nevaeh if you fuckin' hit me one more fuckin' time, I swea' to G—"

Lotus once again, sent another hard slap across his face. "You stupid ass nigga!" she yelled, beginning to throw punches again, feeling enraged. "You fuckin' lied to me, Reese isn't dead!" she cried.

Mid's mouth dropped agape, as the last sentence flew out of her mouth. He stood up straight, and stared at her in shock. "H-how did you find out?" he asked her, Lotus sniffled, wiping under her eyes with the knuckles of her thumbs.

She sat down on the edge of the bed, her chest heaving up and down. "The night that I killed Jon Jon, I went through his text messages with him and Boonie. Boonie sent him a picture, and in the picture it was Reese walking up the driveway of his own house with the address attached. Rylo and I didn't believe it was real, so we planned to go check it tonight. When we got there, it was Reese..." she explained to him, muttering the last part.

"He told me that you were the only one who knew!" Lotus yelled at him, shooting up from the bed again, pushing him against the wall. "You fuckin' lied to me Tedric! How could you keep that from me, for fuckin' two years I blamed myself for getting my best friend killed and the whole time that nigga alive and breathing. How long have you been playing me?" she bawled her eyes out, repeatedly hitting his chest with her fists. Mid didn't flinch, instead he stood there, letting her release the anger and hurt that she was feeling.

He hoped he would've had time to prepare himself for this moment, he didn't even know that both Boonie and Jon Jon knew that Reese was alive, which immediately had him wondering who else besides him knew of the little secret he gravely kept to himself for the past two years. He hadn't seen or spoke to Reese since he left after being put into protective custody and the times that he did link up with Reese, he made sure to be extra cautious.

"Baby I wanted to tell you, I promise I did. He made me promise to not tell you—"

"So you rather me live with the idea that my best friend was dead, and that it was my fault then actually tell me the truth? You knew this whole fuckin' time Tedric, you let them blame me for his murder, and you knew that he wasn't even dead! Why did you even bring me the fuck back, if he was alive! I can't avenge a death if there was never one to begin with!" She screamed, pointing her finger at him, tears continuing to stream down her face.

"You always preach how you're honest with me, but this whole time you been lying to me! If you were in my shoes, I would've told you the truth, just to give you that peace of mind. I almost committed fuckin' suicide over this Tedric!"