08 - playtime over,

Slowly opening his eyes, Midnight heard the beeping of a machine next to him

Slowly opening his eyes, Midnight heard the beeping of a machine next to him. The room was dimly lit by a light over the bed he was laying in, the blurriness of his vision finally clearing. He seen Gotti and Bambi sitting in the chairs, talking amongst themselves as Tiny stood at the end of the bed, slowly pacing back and forth.

He slightly moved his arm, causing all three of them to snap their heads in his direction, immediately rushing to his side.

"Oh Thank God!" Tiny exclaimed, walking up closer to the bed, the light now clearly showing her tear stained face. She leaned down and softly kissed my cheek, as Bambi grabbed his hand, the expression of grief never leaving her face as well.

"Ted who did this to you man?" Gotti asked him, anger filling his voice, gesturing towards his body. Mid cleared his throat and opened his mouth to speak until Koi bursted through the door, Santos right behind her with a panicked look on his face.

"Get the fuck out," Bambi told her through clenched teeth, instantly balling up her fist.

"I tried to stop her Bam but she wouldn't listen to me," Santos spoke up, his eyes darting to Mid realizing the rest were surrounding his bed. "Mid! You awake! Thank God, I thought I was gone have to light this city up if yeen' make it,"

Koi ignored the glares from both Bambi and Tiny, only wanting to be by Mid's side. She made it to the house and seen the police cars blocking off his street and the front of his house off. Though he doesn't remember and passed out before anyone made it there, Midnight managed to dial 911 on his phone after he was shot.

Bambi was called as an emergency contact, her heart dropping after hearing that the only person close to a sibling to her, was being rushed to the hospital. When she received news about it, he was attacked in his own home, the first person she thought of was Koi. Although she had no proof that Koi was behind Mid being shot, that gut feeling she had about Koi from the beginning was now growing intensely.

"Baby," Koi sniffled, gently cupping his face with tears streaming down her face. "What happened?"

"You should know," Bambi spat sizing her up and down. Koi looked over at her with disgust on her face, tears still streaming down her face.

"You know what? Fuck you Bambi! I would never do anything to hurt Tedric! What the fuck could I possibly get out of setting him up?" Koi shouted at her, Bambi took a step closer as Gotti and Tiny went to grab her to pull her back.

"I never said anything about you setting him up, but since you wanna bring it up, did you? Sneaky ass bitch—"

"Stop!" Mid raised his voice, immediately wincing afterwards from the amount of strength it took to speak. He held onto his side where he was shot, catching his breath. "Koi didn't do anything Masiyah, I watched her lock the door when we left. She's been with me all day up until I went by Lotus house," he defended Koi, calling Bambi by her government name.