24 - handle it,

Mid sat in the passengers seat, his hand clutching around his gun. Bambi glanced over at her brother, eyeing him closely. He hadn't said one word since she received the phone call from earlier in regards to Jaden. She was upset just as much as he was, especially hearing that he was being called 'gay' while he was being beaten. It brought back those painful memories of being beaten for same reason, it ignited that fire in her again.

Not only that, but the fact his mother did nothing to help save or protect him, when he stepped in and took the beating for her when she was being slapped around.

She never tried to judge anyone based on their lifestyle, but when it involved a child being harmed in the process, it was something she wouldn't stand for.

"Tedric?" Bambi called out to him, he kept his focus on Jaden's house, waiting for his stepfather to come stumbling out of the house eventually. They could still hear the loud arguing coming from inside of the house. Mid was surprised that no one in the neighborhood had called the police yet.

But then again, when it came to domestic abuse, the people in the community turned a blind eye to it—despite how many black eyes, and bruises shown up.

"I know you're on ten right now, and you have every reason to be but, please don't shut me out." Bambi pleaded, still staring at him. Mid deeply sighed, and loosened his grip on his gun.

"He's just a kid Masiyah. I know whooping your child for little nothings somehow became normalized within the black community, but, beating a child until he's bloody in the face? How many more times have that happened to him, and I didn't even know about it? Or how many times have he went to school with bruises and no one interfered?" Mid finally spoke, not breaking his gaze from the house.

"I'm just glad he's safe now," Bambi said. "He'll be safe after this too Tedric, as long as he has you."

"Yeah but he belongs with his family, you know I can't keep him there and as much as I wanna have custody of him, I can't risk his life. I live a dangerous lifestyle, I can't put his life in jeopardy." he further explained.

"I know, we'll figure something out."

She watched as Mid perked up a little, squinting his eyes. Bambi followed his gaze, and saw that Jaden's stepfather, Clinton, finally came stumbling out of the house. He slammed the door behind him, and made his way towards his car. Mid and Bambi exchanged looks, Bambi nodding her head, indicating she was ready. Mid got out of the car and swiftly made his way towards Jaden's stepfather's car and got in as soon as the doors unlocked.

Before he could react, Mid pointed the gun at his head. "Drive," Mid instructed him. He said nothing, and did as what he was told. Mid could smell the heavy booze on him, causing flashbacks of his foster father.

The many nights he would sneak into Mid's room, and whisper in his ear, his breath reeking of alcohol. Just the thought of it, was making him sick to his stomach.

Clinton began to drive as Mid gave him directions to a discreet location; Bambi following behind from a safe distance. She was there for backup in case something went wrong.

Mid had him drive far out into the woods. Mid only wanted to teach him a lesson. As far as he was concerned, he was the one that was taking care of Jaden, and the last thing he wouldn't stand for was someone putting their hands on him.

Even if that meant removing the very hands that touched him.

The car finally came to a complete stop, Mid instructed him to get out as Bambi pulled in behind them. He kept his hands raised as Mid continued to point his gun.