Chapter 105

"The village seems to finally undergo rebirth."

Chapter 105: Phoenix

"you said movies" suzue slowly said causing the quiet night to stare at her blankly.

"i did?" he slowly ask in return.

they stared at each other for a few second before deciding to walk away.

it was a silent agreement of 'it was just my/her hallucination'

Kai of course followed after his woman.

suzue opened the first door in a house and saw nothing but a normal living room so she close it again and went towards the other houses.

unfortunately, every houses were the same.

"everything sees to be normal... suspicious" kai helplessly stared at the girl.

she seems not feeling uncomfortable at the whole unusual situation she's in.

she even seems to be feeling excited.

"why aren't you investigating?" suzue finally asked after seeing the man following her and watching her the whole time.

"do you want to?" he softly ask,

suzue thought for a bit and said, "let me change the question, do you know something?"

"why do you think that i know something?" he ambiguously ask.

suzue didn't answer. she doesn't know what to say as well.

but after hearing him answering her question with a question. she knows he knows something important.

"Miss. Avaleon i found something!" Clive took a quick steps towards the woman.

His expression has the same one he always has, nothing.

He is completely expressionless.

One would doubt that he found something when they see his face so suzue just raised her eyebrow, disregarding his discovery.

It might just be nothing, so she continued investigating every nook of the village.

"Miss" suzue sigh and decided to follow him.

Well. If the stoic faced man seems really persistent on showing it to him then she would oblige to his wishes.

Wrong.

Clive found something useless. He just wanted to make the woman feel disappointed.

Maybe if she us disappointed she would punish him.

Maybe a kick or 2 or 3? Or maybe 50 whips?

That would be really delightful.

But much to his disappointment.

The woman showed an interested expression after seeing it instead.

"A phoenix statue" Suzue whispered and stared at the phoenix statue placed in the far away corner of the village.

If suzue remembered correctly the village placed important on the mythical creature phoenix.

They worship it, but why is it in the corner away from the sight of the villagers and tourist?

It should be in the center why is it in the corner?

And the odd thing is that it's so clean. It looks new and was just build earlier.

Suzue places his hand on the well build statue of the phoenix and stared at the pair of ruby eyes on it.

It is well known that the phoenix symbolizes rebirth. Does this village follows it?

Is the village new? Did it undergo rebirth?,

If it does ... Where are the people?.

"What's this?" Suzue stared at kai and saw him staring at the huge tree not far away from the statue.

The statue looks normal. The difference of this tree is that it's taller and larger than the other trees.

Suzue was about to walk towards him when she notice something unusual on the back of the statue.

Kai glance at his beloved and saw her distracted. His smile went deeper and his eyes curve further, forming a perfect cresent.

He seems to be amused at the distracted state of the woman but the emotions on his eyes were unreadable.

"What did you found Darling?" He questioned and walk towards her.

"This tree looks more unusual check it first?" He suggested.

Suzue stared at the object for few seconds before walking towards the tree.

Her thought were unknown.

Clive stared at the pair and then decided to investigate the statue.

He wonders what's interesting about this statue.

Clive can still remember the pleasure of the impact of the kick the woman implicated on him when they were still in the academy.

He still wanted to feel it.

Because for once. He felt alive.

"Hm?" Clive hummed mentally and stared at the stick that has a weird design on it.

It looks like a key. He pick it up and observe it carefully.

"Did you find something?"

Startled. Clive accidently let go of the key.

Things happened so fast. All he knows is that.

When the key fell down, a slender white hand caught it and inserted it on her hair.

It doesn't look like a key anymore but a stick clip.

"Thank you" she said.

Clive couldn't process everything clearer but he remained silent when he saw the gesture of the woman to remain silent.

"What did he found?" When he hear the voice of the man they are always with.

Clive finally understood.

"Nothing, it was just a gift from the prince that he forgot to give to me.... Does it look good?"

Kai stared at the stick clip on her ponytail and hum.

"Yeah it does. Do you like it?"

"Yeah." Suzue walk towards the tree ans observe it carefully.

"It just seem to be a healthy tree. Nothing interesting to it."

Kai smiled and place his arm around her waist.

"I see i guess i was mistaken"

His eyes lingers on the clip for a few seconds before smiling at the woman.

His thought were unknown.

"We should go get rest. It's getting dark"

The pair agreed at clive's suggestion and decided to rest at the nearest vacant house.

The whole night remain silent and safe.

The next day everything change.

Suzue woke up because of the loud noise coming from the outside.

Confused. She stood uo and yawn and peak on the window and saw people laughing and talking to each other.

Astonish. She press her temple and then decided to open the window widely.

What greeted her was beyond her expectation.

The once silent and empty village become lively and full of people.

The villagers seems to be friendly and happy.

They joyfully chatted with their neighbors and some were cheerfully selling goods.

The village seems to finally undergo rebirth.