Chapter 41

"It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life."
― Terry Pratchett

Chapter 41: A dead after Party

"your .. sense of direction... is a crap"

horrified, i stared at the little man standing beside me.

"i do not" he stared back at me with his famous back stare. this little man might be a kid but he's mature for his own good.

"i really don't, my senses when it comes to direction is good and my memory is great it just that i was distracted" i lazily said and he didn't respond back.

i believe i am not a petty person but i think i'm starting to doubt my self because i could fee the smug feeling slowly appearing in my system.

taking a deep breath we both stared at the town.

we first took the left path but find ourselves in a foreign village. when we took the right path and realize it's not the right one i finally figure out that the path i took earlier was the center.

because i didn't remember taking a turn. yes i mess up badly.

i yawn and let Ethan held my hand as both of us stared at the lanterns in the houses and stores. the road was a mess too.

i could see different kinds of colored paper thrown carelessly on the ground acting as a confetti.

a party was probably held here, both of us turn around to go back to choose the center path when suddenly i heard a cry.

i want to ignore it like how i do whenever i sense trouble but Ethan remained rooted on his feet while staring at the gathering crown.

curious to what he's staring at i stared at the crowd too ad saw a girl holding a dead body in her arms.

my forehead creases.

i don't know if the culprit hates party because as soon as the town calmed down from their hype he decided to kill.

or if he wasn't invited or just a sadist and decided to have a kill now.

if the real reason is one of those reason then he must be sick in his head.

Ethan tugs my hand and i glance at him and saw a bit of curiosity on his blank eyes.

we both walk towards the scene and i unconsciously examined the dead body.

my eyes stared a bit longer on his hand when i notice his nails has a bit of blood and towards his neck that has a scratch.

it looks like he scratch his hands neck so hard that it bleed, but why? when he was clearly stabbed on his stomach countless of times.

i glance at his stomach that are now opened because of continues stabbed and sliced.

"this is a work of Deicide i am sure of it!!!" the girl cried loudly.

all the villagers stared with pity and help her carry the body to make a burial for him.

"poor Abigail her kind father was killed without a reason"

"that's impossible, if deicide really killed him he must have committed an unforgivable sin"

"that's nonsense julio is the kindest baker i have ever met"

i glance slightly at the gossiping duo and inserted my right hand in my pocket and both of us stared walking away.

"dei...cide? who's... that?" i hum and didn't reply to his question causing him to step on my foot.