Chapter 36

"Attitude is a choice. Happiness is a choice. Optimism is a choice. Kindness is a choice. Giving is a choice. Respect is a choice. Whatever choice you make makes you. Choose wisely."
― Roy T. Bennett, 

Chapter 36: Her Kindness

[Lilith Avaleon]

"so we need to finish some mission first before becoming an adventurer?" i ask confuse and stared at my sister who's yawning and lazily roaming her eyes around the town.

"yes, that's how it works"

why?.. why do we need to do missions first?, i want to fine deicide immediately!.

what if he'll kill someone again?, what if he'll go after innocent civilians?

"i know what you are thinking but we have no time to question their policy, come on my lady we are going to the forest"

she handed me a paper and i accepted it and read the contents... it says to hunt the Goblins that are causing trouble in the a near village.

reward for completing the task is 1k gold. 

"from the looks of the paper it seems it was pinned months ago," i said and examined the paper.

Ezu started walking towards the forest and i immediately followed, today i'll follow her because ezu knows what to do in this kind of situation.

"Ezu, if the goblins are causing troubles in the village why did no one accepted it immediately and let it pinned on the bored for months?" I questioned her in distress.

She glance at me and smiled.

"Because the reward is too low Lilith"

Too low? But what about the people? The citizen living in the village?

i think she figure out what's on my mind because Ezu places her forehead into mine and stared straight into my eyes.

causing me to unconsciously tone down all the emotions around me and only focus on her.

hers were calm different from everybody, calm and relax, her guard were fully down and all her attention were fully on mine.

"My little flower, despite changing the world and changing the mind of people only one thing would remain... What you'll gain would always be the first priority of every humanity"

that's not true... if it is then..

"helping those people can help you gain recognition and gratitude from them right?" i might sound desperate but i don't understand this things.

all i now is... they need help. they need my help.

"i know little flower, but that isn't enough, come on" she leans away from me and started to alk away when i hold her hand and stared at her.

i notice her falter a bit and stared at me with startled eyes but immediately went back to what they were usually is... tired and sleepy.

"then how about us?" i suggested.

call me a hypocrite...

"i want to help them! let's go immediately!"

... but i want to help, even just a tiny bit... i mean every small things could become big right? that's how butterfly effect works after all.

so i want to take advantage of it.

 i want to help.

[Suzue Reed]

i planned to follow her everywhere, serve her when she's in need, save her when she's in trouble, cheer her when she's feeling hesitant. 

but watching her with an unwavering determination causes me to falter.