Chapter 94

"A person who doesn't have an emotion isn't different from a monster."

Chapter 94: Land of Dasos (part 3)

"Here's your tea, your highness" ryan stared startled at the attitude lilith is giving him.

The lilith he knows would stare at him endlessly with eyes full of admiration and infatuation. Her words will be filled with sugary.

But now... She just placed the tea in front of him and politely left.

He felt a pleased a bit but he didn't show it and just humph at her.

"What happen in the nero?" He turn his attention towards the blonde man when he heard him asked the woman sitting beside him.

"We couldn't find the mermaids as what the prince commanded. However, we have a hunch of who's behind it, and a feeling that we could find her here.

She suddenly disappear as well as the others. We only found henry agustin in the mansion alone with the maids and butlers. The guards were not there as well.

At first i thought they are dead but only the maids' insides and remains were the only thing found in the labrynth"

Ryan carefully listened to her words.

"The labrynth?" He asked and felt her stare gaze on her.

Ryan knows his stand as a prince is extremely difficult and he need to take it seriously. So he need to focus to this card case first.

But the feeling of the stares from the woman he's interested in made him feel a bit excited and happy.

He could hear the race of his heart and can feel his hands starting to sweat.

He cough a bit and glared at the woman.

"What are you staring at? Answer my question stupid" his cheeks are inflamed. He wanted to just open the ground and wait for it to gobble him up.

He really don't want to act rude but the embarrassment made him act like one.

"The labrynth was made by henry agustin who happens to possess the card of 2 spades. I am actually curious blondie-"

"-don't call me blondie, you damn albino"

"-is the card of 2 spades can give you the power to become extremely beautiful and make the people surrounding you turn ugly till they die?"

It won't take for a genius to notice that the woman love angering the blonde man.

When ryan witness this unusual exchange he couldn't help but feel jealous.

"No. Is that what happened ?. The numbers in the cards were given by the king. these cards can give random powers on its holder in accordance to their desire. henry's case, his desire is probably being prettier than everybody else"

Lucas' explained. Ryan quietly sipped on his tea and waited for the woman to talk. He knows that the woman would give her opinion as long as she can.

That's one of the things he likes about her. The woman isn't afraid to correct the false statement from the other party and gives her opinion to them.

She's open and straightforward, a desirable attitude a heir should have

"I doubt that" just as ryan predicted he heard suzue stated.

"Why?"

"I can still remember the feeling of helplessness and vulnerability when i become fat and ugly. It feels like being naked in fron of millions of people. The difficulty of walking and breathing is still fresh for me. I have a feeling his desire isn't just beauty but superiority. Well i don't know i can't read a person"

The three of them fell in silent and calmly drinks their tea.

The door opened and the others entered. They all remained outside to catch while they talk a bit about stuffs in nero.

Lilith sat next to suzue and the others sat in the vacant spaces.

"Dasos... Seems to be in a predicament. Can you help us suzue" they heard hadley asked.

She didn't greet the person even though it's clear to them that she's in a higher ranking.

Hadley knows this. And she wanted the woman to react on what she expect to but failed.

Not only the woman didn't mind her disrespectful attitude, she literally just ignore her and instead of her reacting, the woman with pale blonde hair is the one who acted.

"Is something wrong with dasos? When i get her i feel no emotions but emptiness. I mean i can feel few but those few where from my sister and the others. The townsfolk seems like zombies who likes to smile"

Hadley frown mentally. She didn't care about the villainess she cared about her reputation more. Because of suzue ignoring her.

The fault become hers. Her disrespectful attitude lessen their favorability towards her.
No she can't see it but she can feel it. She assumes she can.

"The dasos has been like this since when i was born"

Lilith stared at noah who softly informed her and waited for him to continue.

"It's because of the rules. These rules makes us feel unable to control ourselves."

Instead of hearing noah talk. Lilith heard a different voice. This one is much softer than the former.

She turn around and found a boy with the same hair as her friend.

"I know you already heard about the three rules. And i am sure you also heard that we couldn't move in another place. No the perfect term is we cannot or we are forbidden to stay long in another place that isn't dasos.

The lord in this land is strict when it comes to the people that grew up in the dasos. violating this rules will sentence one of treason. Execution and humiliation in public is the punishment"

Lilith felt weird hearing the sadness in the angelic voice the boy has. Weird because despite the sadness she can hear, she felt nothing from him.

He's the same as the others. Empty. But mad.

Lilith doesn't like him... Not one a bit.

A person who doesn't have an emotion isn't different from a monster.