Chapter 107

"Each night, when I go to sleep, I die. And the next morning, when I wake up, I am reborn."
― Mahatma Gandhi

Chapter 107: Phoenix (Part 3)

Suzue picks up an apple and payed for it. She lightly throws it above and perfectly catches it. 

Taking a bite in the apple, Suzue made her way at the tree they saw yesterday and leans on it.

The information about this village was beyond Suzue's expectation. 

The concept of Rebirth is simply nonsense for the female not until now. This village worships the phoenix. It all started since the war, long story short, when the war ease leaving a village burnt to crisp and dead corpse in the ground the phoenix arrive and restored the village.

A typical myth. However, Suzue completely believe this. Considering how she, they manage to reincarnate in another world where magic happens. What's there not to believe?

Suzue throws the apple away and pulls out the key she inserted in her hair and made her war towards the statue which is still in the deep corner of the village.

She wanted to know what's the use of the key. She had to many questions that has many answers she needed to find.

But why do Suzue feel like their is only one question and one answer?

Suzue always believe in her guts especially if she felt like something is wrong. Suzue might be full of insecurities but she still believe in her self.

stopping behind the statue. Suzue carefully examined the back and started patting it in search of a door or a hidden button but found nothing.

She lowered her head and saw a metal sticking out on ground, bending down she held it and lightly pulled it and found that it is some king of handle trap doors normally have.

she squatted on the ground and carefully observed it and notice that the statue is covering it.

Suzue inserted the key back to her hair and started pushing the statue only to failed on getting a bulge from it. she once again tried but failed.

Suzue took a deep breath and controlled the shadows and black hands formed in her shadows and started pushing on the statue. Suzue stood up and dominant leg took a step backward and then she started pushing with the help of the hands.

when suzue manage to move the statue, fire suddenly broke out in the village. the screams of the people voiced out and the surrounding turns to unbearable hotness.

Suzue immediately acted and swept the dirt of the trap door and when she manage to find the key hole she immediately inserted the key and opened the trap door.

and there she saw stairs.

Suzue cough when the thick smoke entered her mouth and nose, covering them she made her way downstairs and didn't forget to close the door.

when the door close the torches underground lit up and her path way turned bright.

Suzue carefully took the step downstairs and cautiously stared at her surroundings.

the way downstairs were very deep and dark only the torches that lit up whenever she walks serve as the light in her pathway.

then after a few minutes she reaches the end.

When Suzue's both feet landed on the ground. a bright light suddenly lit up and then there she saw a huge touch in the middle of the room and in the wall of the walls were drawings.

In the end of the room is a huge black board. Various papers with different colors were pinned in the walls. Suzue made her way towards the bored and silently read them.

all of the papers pinned were from different magazines, newspapers, and journals. then she saw a human skinned covered book in the corner. she pick it up and opened it. it was the same book Nicholas gave him.

so she dropped it when she couldn't find anything different. suzue then went back to reading the newspapers. they were the inventions that her previous world have. However, this inventions were not blue prints but news from this village.

and strangely, this inventions were not in the other lands.

Suzue's gaze landed in one particular news. it is the news of the war that first broke out in the village. It was said that the war was caused because of the fight between the land of fotia and the land of anemos lords. The reason was the fight is because of a girl?

A fight for love with their lands at stake. her eyes move in the other newspaper and saw the image of the girl, she was claimed as crazy for stating that this world is not real and is just a fragment of erased data.

Suzue then stared at the other news. all of them were about the wars but with different reason. there is about a girl, there is about arson caused by a group, and there are also a war for power.

but what stick out was that, all lead to one thing. they proclaimed that this world is not real.

suzue then notice in one particular part that was placed in a red circle. she read it and found out that it is a letter.

in the letter it was stated that whoever find this place to carve the story of their world into the wall. 

that was it. it was short but the meaning behind it was enough for suzue to start doubting the authenticity of the world again. 

she made her way towards the wall and examined each of the drawings and just like the story all of them tells a story.

the longer Suzue stares at the drawing the uglier her expression is.

all of them corresponded to one. otome games.

Suzue might not be a fan of otome games but her best friend was. Everyday Suzue would have to listen to her babble her otome games.

Suzue stared at the drawing and saw a stick figure holding a sword behind her were four stick figures that obviously symbolizes the target captures because of the bright crown in the middle man and the other's catchy weapons.

then a title was written bellow. "Dokie dokie Adventure." 

Suzue walk back to the board and rip out oen of the papers and just as she thought, there it was written the story of the "Dokie dokie adventure."

"What kind of name is this?" Suzue asked in disgust and shove that thought away.

In this game. the heroine is the daughter of the baron who regained her memory of her past live and wanted to become an adventurer. on her road to becoming an adventurer she encountered the prince who was proud and arrogant, A mage who was gentle and kind, A knight who hates injustice, and a genius who's shy and knowledge enthusiast.

In the author's word. she become the villainess who's pride is as high as an Eiffel tower and the haughtiest young lady. This villainess was the fiancee of the prince and wanted to dispose the heroine but failed and end up becoming the last boss and was killed. The author wanted to stay away from that path and so decided to not be entangled with the characters. but failed she become friends with them and they all went to capture the magician who holds the darkest power of all.

They didn't succeed and was trap in this village.