Chapter 55

"Humans are the true Perpetrators"
-Suzue Reed

Chapter 55: Memory

[Suzue Reed]

"Didn't know you'll cry for me if i'm hurt brat" i teasingly said and rubs his head.

annoyed he slaps my hand away and glares at me.

"I wasn't!, i was just scared i will have no one will pay for my food anymore!"

"hoho" i leaned on the chair and stared at my sister still sleeping on the bed.

Lucas and ajax went their way to the guild to report our discovery and the death of deicide.

If no one believes them then it's probably okay because i left a evidence in the cook who happens to be the real grand master and the lord of this land.

He must be that competent to carry two huge responsibility and burden in their shoulders.

"When will... she wake up?" i glance at ethan and shrugs.

"i dunno. probably tomorrow"

"How can you be so sure?" i yawn and pick him up and put him in my lap.

"We've been waiting here in hours now and it's night. If ever she wake up she'll just go back to sleep."

he hums lowly and both of stared at Lilith who look so peaceful sleeping.

Lucas explained to me about the cards and those marking in his and ethan's eyes.

in a standard deck of cards they are 52 cards. the deck of cards in this world is the same only the aces and the pair of jokers are there.

52 cards added by Four aces and a pair of jokers would be 58. Separated by the 4 suits of heart, spade, clubs, and diamond.

in each suit has 14 cards. the king , the queen, the jack and ace are the most powerful of them.

The king controls the the other cards with the same mark with them he has the power to command the cards that fell on the same category. The ability it has is quite useless but without this card the power of the other cards will lessen and perish.

The king in the card is the same in the chess. His movement is limited.

The queen is the most powerful.

She held the power resembled to a god, Apollo. she can heal and controls the light. but she's useless if the king doesn't allows her to use her powers and acknowledges her.

just like what i said earlier, the king holds the command of the other cards that fell on the same suit as them.

The jack is what you can consider as the knight. He have the ability to regenerate. The jack might sound like unstoppable but they aren't , these cards are just cards that gave you power compared to the pillars.

The ace is the advisor or the prime minister or the brain of the king. they posses the ability to think faster than a above average person.

They can memorize an entire textbook just by looking at it. solve the big bang theory just by messing with it. that was just an exaggeration but you know what i mean.

These cards are inserted in a person so they could become the holder. to defeat this holders you just need tot snatch the card away from them. it's a blessing and a curse the same time.

They would give you the power but they could kill you if you remove it from you.

The suits are different. they are born to have the mark.

The spades symbolizes life and the clubs, luck.

The heart represents Love and the Diamond represents luxury.

If the king holds the other cards. these suits chooses the king. they don't control the cards but chooses the controller. The king can't disobey or betray their suit.

if they will, the card inside them would pull themselves away and go back to the suit. ending their life that easy.

The jokers are the anomaly. They are not part of the deck. And no one knows the real power of these two all lucas know is they have a strong connection towards reincarnation.

This world is full of people who had been reincarnated or transmigrated. They don't have their memories because the Red joker has their past memories.

The red joker can't give them back if the black joker is alive.

The people that were dead but manage to came back alive with a different soul is the black joker's work. This joker controls the transmigration of the soul. The last soul that was transmigrated accidentally because of the former black joker.

is the king of the diamonds. Ajax.

that's what lucas said to me and it's a bit confusing all i know is they were here because they were searching for the other cards.

They need to hide it so the spade won't be able to complete the deck.

The deck was actually on the hands on one person including the pair of jokers but it got separated because of a group of reincarnators that regained their memory.

The deck of cards should not be in the hands of a greedy person.

i internally cringe because of that all stories are like that. The object like the sword should not be handed on a person hunger with power.

but i wonder who's really worthy of such power?

if someone asks me, those cards need to be given to the original owner. yeah the devil himself. i mean this is his world right?

if he want to mess with the lives of people then go on. as long as no one dies.

if i remember correctly the devil just mess with the souls and replaces them with the souls from another places and made them act like some kind of otome game.

No one died. It was just the people. They made war they died in the war.

They were so greedy in money and pleasure that they abuses humans.

in my opinion. the humans are the true perpetrator.

i snap back out of my thoughts and notice ethan staring at me while playing with my fingers.

"What's wrong?"

"can't sleep"

i was about to reply when lucas entered the room with a bouquet of flowers.

he freezes when he notice me watching him so i immediately grinned and stared at the kid back and pretended that i didn't notice him coming inside the room

"oh my ethan dear you need to sleep" i acted that i didn't notice him and ethan snickers and acted as well.

he nods vigorously and both of us pretended to sleep

we heard fast footsteps and something being put on the desk and rushes steps out of the room.

i took a peak and notice the dark pink of a certain man's cheek.

i wonder where's the cold lucas? was that just a facade?