Chapter 33

"The Chinese use two brush strokes to write the word 'crisis.' One brush stroke stands for danger; the other for opportunity. In a crisis, be aware of the danger--but recognize the opportunity."
― John F. Kennedy

Chapter 33: Deicide

[Suzue Reed]

"Oh" that's what the only word that escape from my mouth after her bold declaration.

i stared at her eyes and she stared back at mine.

i couldn't see any kinds of hesitation in her eyes, there was nothing but determination.

i don't know what's happening to my sister, first she wants to be a commoner and tehn now she wants to be a an adventurer.

"you kn-" i started but she cut me off, 

"ezu, Did you see me falter?"

i could feel the amuse stare from Xavier and the twinkling stare from the kid.

"you know i'll do anything for you right?, i'll hunt a dragon for you, i'll commit treason if you order me to, i'll kill father just for you..."

"father would not like the way you use him as an example"

i ignore her and continued

"... but putting you in a danger is a No"

"but-"

"Lilith, monsters have been strangely appearing, the mages were trying to find the source without alerting the mastermind, outside is dangerous"

"Ezu! listen-"

"No, i already accepted your request to act like a commoner, putting you in a risk, i won't obey more risky wants from you"

"but i need to do-" she halted when i stared at her eyes coldly, 

"Do not make me repeat myself again Lilith Avaleon"

"yes" she complied with annoyed expression,

i soften and sigh before standing up.

"i'm going to my room, you need to rest too"

"later"... i glance at her for a few seconds and stared at Xavier who's standing up and walks towards me.

"i shall take you to your room"

"i appreciate it" before we could go upstairs i heard my sister spoke.

"you've always been a good influence to me Ezu"

when we reach my room, xavier suddenly talk causing me to sigh tiredly.

"You know she won't listen right?"

When the morning come, the first one who woke up was my sister, and no she didn't bother to wake me up too, she just decided to stand up and walk out of the room and went to go towards the guild. 

i yawn tiredly and sat on the chair, xavier snickers when he saw my tired expression.

"She went to the guild did she?" he nod and handed me a menu.

"she's with lev, both of them want to check the guild, don't worry all of the adventurers on the guild doesn't pick on girls and kids"

i just sigh and pointed on the pancakes.

he immediately went to get my order.

my sister not listening to me is vey rare... and outwitting me is rarer... i don't know why i felt proud, wait is she in her rebellious phase?

well that would make everything sense.

"what are you thinking?" i snap back my thoughts and stared at xavier and towards the pancakes.

"my sister, i think she's in her rebellious phase" he snort and at opposite me with his ow plate.

i didn't commented and just let him be. i'm used to people sitting with me so i just let him. i think he wasn't used to it because i saw him waiting for me to say something and then gave a defeated and amuse sigh.

"rebellious phase? why? is this the first time she didn't listen to you?" 

"yeah, she always obeys everything i says because i didn't command her things often, it's always her requesting and me serving her"

"you both are sisters right?" i nod

"then why are you serving her?"

"well, i don't know"

"you could just say you have a sister complex"

i pause causing him to pause too, we both stared at each other and later on i sigh n defeat and he grin in triumph.

"i guess, i'm just very protective at her she lacks common sense, she's very good at academics and noble works but when it comes to common sense, she's just an idiot..."

"you two don't look alike, i mean if it's personal just keep it"

"no it's not that personal... my mother is a temptress, he's the first wife of my father, when i was born i was immediately thrown away after knowing i was a girl, father found out about it and killed her. 

lilith on the other hand is the mistress' daughter. her mother was favored but she committed adultery and was executed"

i ate my pancake and so does he before continuing my sister.

"the church adopted me and i was labeled as the child of the church, i met my father after 5 years... wait i'm not sure if it was 5, i already forgot... anyway i notice i look alot like him, then after few years, he found out i was her daughter and coincidentally he brought her with him.

there i met her, stoic. stern and serious... dull and boring. but when she laughs she's very beautiful, her smile is so enchanting, then i declare i wanted to protect her, her smile specifically

anyway can you tell me more about this adventurer guild?"

he didn't talk for a while and we both finish our food before chatting again.

" every land but anemos has a guild. the land of fotia has a guild name polemos, yeah the land of Fotia is very chaotic that's way the guild on that land is huge, some protects the citizen while some just make everything worse.

The land of Nero has 2 guilds that always competes. Thalassa and okeanos. The land of Dasos has one Nymfi just like in this land they work the same as us the difference is... they focuses on eliminating monsters and yeah they are new.

in our land we have... Theos..."

he couldn't continue what he's saying when the doors opened and a very familiar lady carrying a child entered the inn.

"Ezu... i know you already heard about this? but i wanna tell you that i wanted to help"

"please elaborate" i defeated said causing her to smile.

"Deicide"

i choke on my own saliva and so does Xavier and we stared with widen eyes towards her.

my sister is starting to become crazy.

"please you are not thinking what i am thinking"

"i want to help on eliminating Deicide!"