Chapter 34

"I hope you have not been leading a double life, pretending to be wicked and being good all the time. That would be hypocrisy."
― Oscar Wilde

Chapter 34: Hypocrisy

"they are huge difference on being stupid and precipitous lilith, i never thought that one day you'll become both"

after a long silence i decided to to interrupt it with honest words causing Xavier to laugh and Lilith to stare at me blankly.

"i said what i said" i lazily defended my self, i watch her roll her eyes at me causing me to twitch in irritation.

i never thought that her bold and recklessness would reach in this town, i mean i assumed that she would leave those qualities of her in the dukedom, and i was really glad she didn't put herself in any danger when we were academy.

i should have known once she requested to dress as a commoner.

"Listen Ezu, i went to the guild and saw how many of the adventurers went to accept the request of eliminating the most wanted serial killer throughout the land of Gi, every one of them are scared but they are determined to defeat this anomaly"

"oh you're a poet now" she ignored me and remained standing on my in front of me with unwavering determination and fearless expression.

"This serial killer hunts every people that committed excessive sins like people that killed mercilessly, men that perpetrated defilement"

"oh should we thank this person then?" she puff her cheeks in annoyance and glared at me while flailing her arms.

my eyes widen in surprise. i never saw her act so childishly and unmannerly.

my lips curled in amusement as i watch her stomp her feet in indignation. this was the first time i saw her acting like a spoiled brat... i probably spoiled her too much... i really want to be disappointed and scold her but...

"...Tell me the details" i suddenly found my weakness.

"you spoil her too much" i sigh in response to xavier's words.

"Deicide.. he's a serial killer that kills people that committed unforgivable sins, i mean yeah we should thank him but he's also killing them it's a violation in human rights"

ah right... human rights also applied in this place, in our world the universal declaration of human rights was on 1948. if i estimated right, this world is on it's late 15th century, the dresses and the human's behavior, the lack of technology gives us the clue that this era is on it's medieval period.

however,it's hard to tell that we are in late 15th century because the technology is enhancing rapidly, and if i would compare my current situation to my former world history.

We are currently in exploration. The age of Discovery.

if my guess is correct... when this world is still starting to build itself on the way to Middle ages someone decided to propose an invention that would result to a huge discovery.

this invention made this world's technology skip in a astonishing speed.

this world was supposed to look like earth but... the timeline of the history was disturbed and the building blocks wasn't put together in perfect places causing it to have holes and unorganized.

now i am curious to know who's the first person who got reincarnated.

but most importantly, why were we reincarnated? why do we still have our past memories? the person who granted my wish, was it even God?

"...Ezu! please let em help them! i want to be a adventurer ad eliminate deicide!"

i snap back out of my thoughts and crosses my legs as i stared at Lilith. i forgot she was still talking.

curiosity got the best of me.

"fine" i agreed , i'm actually planning to accept her request when i decided to hear her discovery about this serial killer.

I never saw her this desperate to get my permission after all.

"but i'm following you" she smiled widely but immediately composes her self.

"i apologize, i should have not act childishly.

i dismiss her apologies with a wave of my hand and stood up, i didn't notice that xavier left to clean the table, i was probably too focus on my thoughts or listening to my sister that i forgot he was here.

"did you ate?"

she nodded and started walking towards the door, i pat lev's head causing him to beam.

"i want to go with you sister but mother won't let me" he pouted and i just humm,

"you should be careful!, the scary man hates people and lev!"

"yes i shall" he grins and hugs me for a second and rushes towards the staff room.

"i shall go with you two" Xavier said while following lilith not bothering to hear my response o his offer.

i lightly sigh and followed them, i never thought people would be willing to put their lives towards others.

is this hypocrisy? or kindness? i dunno, i just know that i want to know the mystery behind this world and the cards, and also to ensure my sister's safety.

i observe my sister having a conversation with a smiling xavier.

this Xavier he reminds me of someone, their difference is, Xavier seems using his smiling facade as his defense mechanism and her for attention.

i rub the nape of my neck and tilted my head at the sside and stared at the people doing their own business when suddenly a flash of white appeared in the corner of my eyes, i unconsciously followed it and roam my eyes around to search for the owner.

"Ezu, you're being left behind hurry"

"yes" i obeyed and followed her but i made a quick stare behind me hoping for me to find the source of the earlier flash of white.

but failed.

i lightly sigh and yawn.

a few minutes of walking we finally stop in front of a huge wooden house with a huge sign in the front a word carved on it. 'theos'

if i remember correctly this is the name of the guild here in Gi.

i never thought it would look like this, plain.

"let's go!"

"calm down young lady"

"sorry"