Chapter 58

"I am starting to think that maybe memories are like this dessert. I eat it, and it becomes a part of me, whether I remember it later or not."
― Erica Bauermeister

Chapter 58: Forgotten

"Stop glaring at me"

"i wasn't" the denial was so fast that it made everyone in the room stared at the pink eyed girl in deadpanned expression.

i played with my fingers and stared at the blonde man sitting beside me.

he doesn't have a pair of dark green eyes like tristan has, he actually possesses bryan's blue eyes.

his hair is blonde just like bryan, though it is long but those two reminded me of bryan.

however, i could sense tristan inside him. i nimble on my lower lip and stared at him intently. when suddenly eh slaps the table causing me to flinch in my seat.

"Stop staring at me you damn black joker!" he screamed at the lady who lazily grins at him.

"i wasn't" she's good at making people piss because i could sense the radiating anger from tristan.

"Woman, stop it... or he might piss on his pants" the kid siad blankly in my disbelief.

i saw the brown haired cough to hide his laughter and the man wearing an apron muffled his laughs.

The white haired girl on the other didn't bother to hide and burst in laughter.

"You two are pissing me off!" and once again the room went silent.

after i woke up and got greeted with two unfamiliar pair, they screamed so loud that it probably echoed in the town.

the first one to enter was tristan.

his long blond hair and blue eyes immediately captured my attention and reminded me of my crush but his aura and presence screams so much like Tristan

the difference is their attitude and appearance. Tristan is outgoing and a carefree teenager, while this person is cold and short tempered at the same time.

then the next one who entered is the brown haired man who immediately went to the white haired lady and check her being

and lastly is the man wearing an apron.

all of us went to the cafe when lunch arrived. the doctor let me go out after checking i'm okay.

I don't know what happened to me but know this body isn't mine.

"this is so annoying why is my lady sitting beside you and not me" the white haired woman once again complained causing the others to sigh in annoyance

"How many times have you already said that?" tristan ask coldly.

"i don't know, guess" The lady mockingly smiled and i could see anger steaming out of tristan's

"Anyway, lilith -" "i am not lilith"

i cut her off causing her to gasp dramatically.

"you never corrected me before?! what the hell lilith avaleon?!"

"i am not lilith" i once again repeated causing her to twitch in annoyance.

"my name is jasmine!...Jasmine Roosevelt!and i don't know you!" i loudly said causing her to feel silent.

i felt my hands started sweating when she stared at me blankly and leans on her chair quietly.

she reminded me of amelia.

is she going to hit me? no no... tristan is her to protect em.

i instinctively held on tristan's arm causing him to stiffen.

but i felt him relax so i didn't let go.

"Tristan" i called his name ad smiled at him but it immediately vanish when he stood up and shove my arms away from.

"My name is not Tristan. Don't mistaken me from someone woman" my chest tighten when he walks away from me followed by the man with brown hair.

"ho? someone got his heart broken, way to go lady"

"That's you" the kid said with a monotone voice and ate his ice cream.

"What do you mean by that you brat?"

"i said the one who got her heart broken is you, old hag"

"you! respect our elders!"

"how can i when you act like a toddler!"

"Wow you know big words?"

"you are impress by that? what a baby!"

they started bickering again, i felt my chest warmed confusing me. why would i feel happy by seeing them arguing?

After a minute of bickering they finally stop.

"Anyway what's wrong with her oh great guild master" i heard the lady ask and the man replied immediately.

"Don't call me that. and it's just a side effect on unsealing the red joker. The time when you used the black joker's power it triggered the seal of the red joker. It unsealed , causing the holder to retrieve her past memories"

black joker, red joker? what?

"Oh? then when will her memories go back?"

"It depends on her... if she continues living in the past regretting on her actions, she won't remember the current her.

because of remembering her former life, she subconsciously declines the life she have now. it depends on her if she want to know you guys by remembering you or just focus on the past that cease to exist anymore"

He's wrong... my past is still here. Tristan is here. he just acted that way because i keep ignoring him and let him die in the fire.

It's my fault. i just need him to forgive me and he will stop pretending that he knows me.

[Suzue Reed]

This is so annoying.

Amnesia? really. what kind of cliche thing is this.

i sigh in annoyance and stared at the woman following lucas around the guild.

She looks like a puppy following her owner everywhere.

if father will found out about this he would hit me in the head so hard that i probably will become dumb like the kid beside me.

"he isn't... happy" i glance at ajax and saw him staring at lucas who is now playing tag with lilith or jasmine or whatsoever.

"Of course he isn't... the woman he likes doesn't see him as him but another man who is probably not in this world. or his past"

"yeah" he silently said and both of us went back to observing the pair.

"He will probably feel happy if he remembers his past life" i unconsciously said causing him to nod.

"Yeah he will..." he pause and stared at me with gentle and sad eyes.

"what's wrong?"

he shakes his head as nothing and sigh again.

"it just that... it's unfortunate that the suits won't be able to remember their past"

"they cannot?" he nods.

i lawn and stared at the pair lazily.

he's right.. that's unfortunate.

once again i remembered my father.

"I hope he won't destroy my head... stop laughing dumb brat"