Chapter 43

"I look at this life as a puzzle without all the pieces in the box."
― Jonathan Anthony Burkett

Chapter 41: Puzzle pieces

[Suzue Reed]

Night came and we finally arrive at the inn. i opened the door and let my sister come in first before closing the door again, completely ignoring the kid outside.

"Ezu!!" lilith said in surprise, the door opened and Ethan entered the room while staring at me with a blank expression before clicking his task.

"don't do that again"

"he had his own hands"

"stop being a petty" i lightly pout and notice EThan sticking his tongue at me.

pissed i once again squeezes his head.

"stopppppp you damn woman!"

"who thought you to curse you brat!"

"if you don't want me to curse then don't use one stupid!"

"who are you calling stupid?!!"

"you!, stupid stupid!"

"oh welcome back" both of us stops and stared at the source of the voice.

"yes, hello Xavier sorry about them"

Xavier just smiled.

"come on you need to take a bath you stink"

"i know that" Both of us started walking to the room... luckily each room has its own bathroom which is very convenient i don't have to travel the stares too much.

i took a quick bath and wore a simple long sleeve blouse paired with a vest, a combat pants and a boots. then dried my hair using the towel.

"oi kid use the towel after bathing ... i need to buy you some clothes first"

i didn't heard a response but took it as a yes and went.

walking towards the stairs is extremely silent, which is very odd for an inn. the rooms are probably soundproof or the occupants might not be inside.

the whole place is so quiet... where's lev? he's always there to greet us. oh in his mother, i haven't seen her since the my return to take the room.

when i reach the ground floor i notice xavier and Lilith talking. My eyes silently rose when i notice something odd on the young man's expression.

He looks really happy... so happy like a person taking a stimulant.

i dislike it...

"lilith" she turn towards me and smiled

"what is it?"

"go to the room, it's night you need to rest"

"but it's to early"

i stared at her sternly and she sigh in defeat and nods.

"okay, thank you for accompanying me xavier, i'm going to rest"

Xavier smiled at her and nods.

"of course my job is to make the costumers satisfied, have a good rest"

i let lilith kisses both of my cheeks before walking upstairs. i stared at xavier who bows at me before leaving the Inn.

i went to the same store where i bought my sister's dress and bought clothes that would last for three days and a bag to keep them and decided to go to the guild next.