16. The Fight

"Have you been honked at by a moron behind you in a traffic jam? Have you seen a car parked in the middle of the road as someone rushes into a shop to buy something? You have of course seen trash on the roads." Jimin was speaking in anger over the phone.

"Jimin you are the worst driver I have ever seen in my entire life. I am sure it must be your fault." Yoongi replied.

"What? You were not even there. How can you say that?" Jimin complained and his anger intensified.

"I do not have to be present with you to tell that you were wrong," Yoongi said calmly and Jimin gritted his teeth and gripped his phone to throw it away but stopped. He had bought the new phone just yesterday with his first modeling paycheck.

"Fuck you, Yoongi!" Jimin snarked and disconnected the call.

He took labored breaths to control his anger before calling Jungkook.

"Hey, baby!" Jungkook spoke, "are you ready?" He asked.

"I am not. I have reached your place. I caught bad traffic." Jimin replied.

"That's okay I guess. I will cancel the tickets and buy the night show. You now have three hours." Jungkook said happily and Jimin breathed.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you. You are the best." 

"No babe, you are... thank you for saving my life," Jungkook replied.

"Don't worry about it. They are just your documents I have to courier, it's not like you have asked me to donate my kidney to you." Jimin jested, making Jungkook laugh.

"Okay, bye." Jimin disconnected before the doctor again said thank you.

Jungkook stared at the phone screen, tilting his head. "Why is he always in hurry and still late?" He muttered and Namjoon heard it.

"Who is always late?" He asked.

"Jimin..." Jungkook chuckled in disbelief.

"When are you introducing him to us? It's been a month since you guys started dating." Namjoon complained.

"Have patience, Dr. Kim. It has only been a month and not one year. I will bring him when he is ready." He assured and walked away.

Jungkook thought to fill in for Dr. Saranya for two hours now that he had booked a late night movie show. He texted Jimin about it and got immersed in the work.

It was quarter past 9 and the movie was from 11 PM. Jungkook thought it would take him some time in traffic so he left the work well in advance. As he was driving towards the house, he overlooked a florist by the road and thought to buy flowers for Jimin because it has been a long time since he got flowers for him. 

He pulled over in front of a small shop to pick red roses. The girl chirped happily as Jungkook got inside. "What are you looking for, Sir?" She asked. 

"Some red roses would work just fine." Jungkook told the girl and looked at her happily go and collect the plastic, radium tape, and some garnish to put together a bouquet. Jungkook looked around the shop which was smelling like all sorts of flowers.

It was brightly lit and was propped with many glasses tilted by the ceiling, giving rise to an illusion and also acting as anti-theft device, as the store had no cameras that Jungkook noticed. "Here's your bouquet, Sir." The girl happily handed the bouquet to the doctor and Jungkook smiled at her and brushed her hair cutely.

The girl was a teenager and Jungkook assumed she must be a school student. "How much for this?" He asked. 

"₩64,970.00"

While Jungkook took out cash, the girl sprayed some water on the petals of roses. Jungkook handed her ₩100,000.00.

The girl took the cash and opened the drawer to get the change when Jungkook stopped her. "Buy an ice cream with the change." He smiled and told the girl and turned around to leave. He drove back home happily thinking about Jimin's face when he would see the flowers. 

Meanwhile, Jimin was stuffing himself with ice cream as he laid on the couch of Jungkook's living room. He had lost track of time and turned around when he heard the door click open.

"I am home," Jungkook announced and halted to see Jimin lying carelessly on the couch and the documents which were supposed to be sent away were sitting right where he left them.

"Welcome home." Jimin grinned and sat up.

Jungkook felt anger building inside his body. He did not like that Jimin had not couriered the documents after Jungkook specifically requested him and neither had Jimin gotten ready to go to the movies.

His smile turned into nothing as he slowly trudged inside. He could not yell at Jimin for this, he could never, so he decided to do it himself as he began to collect the documents in a hope that he could courier them now. 

Jimin suddenly remembered that he had to courier them and he facepalmed. He immediately stood up to help Jungkook but the older ignored him. Jimin felt Jungkook's mood was spoiled. He kept looking at the older in anticipation, but Jungkook gave him nothing to pick from.

He had to send his documents for his passport renewal which he forgot at home this morning, and today was the last day for submission. If he did not send these today, he would have to make another appointment and pay the renewal fee again.

"Are you mad?" Jimin asked hesitantly.

"No." 

"I am sorry, Jungk-"

"It is alright. Get ready now. We are leaving in 5 minutes." He declared and walked to his room to wash his face.

Jimin felt his chest clench and felt a pang because of it. He did not intend to forget about it but he just got so involved in the movie that he did not realize that the time was running.

Jungkook changed into a white shirt and black trousers while Jimin was in his usual sexy outfit. Jungkook drove fast to the post office and thankfully he found it open. He sighed in relief when he finally sent the documents and came back to resume the drive. 

Jimin did not speak on the way and neither did Jungkook. They made it to the movies on time and began to watch. Jimin kept side glancing Jungkook, hoping he would talk, but older did not. The only sounds which merged collectively were of laughter on funny scenes from the audience.

45 minutes passed like that and then Jimin suddenly felt Jungkook's hand slowly pulling his and held it softly. Jungkook could not stay angry at Jimin for long. He loved him too much for that, albeit they have not said that word yet. Jimin immediately turned and looked at Jungkook surprised.

The man kept looking at the screen without turning sideways. "I know you are angry," Jimin whispered as he leaned towards Jungkook's shoulders. "It will take us some more time to understand each other. I know I am careless but I promise I will take care of things in a better way next time. I hope you give us that time and talk." Jimin said hopefully. 

"I would like that," Jungkook said after hours of staying silent and turned to peck Jimin's forehead. 

22 May, 2021