12. The Promise

Jungkook was driving Jimin back home, occasionally glancing at him. Jimin kept his eyes closed and was a little sleepy as comfort of the leather made him snooze.

They reached Jimin's place which he shared with Yoongi. Jungkook looked at the green garden in front of porch of the house and smiled. Jimin was still asleep. Jungkook called his name slowly. "Jimin."

The younger did not budge and that's when Jungkook's eyes trailed off at front and spotted Hoseok climbing out the window with his boots in hands. He first stepped over the ledge and turned back to see something before jumping.

The fall was crude when Hoseok hit his ass on the ground. Jungkook kept gawking at him when another head poked through the window, and before Jungkook could recognize Taemin from the previous night, he landed on Hoseok' s pelvis.

"FuCk!" Jungkook began to yell as his eyes peered at the squirming figure under Taemin, but in a matter of seconds he realized Jimin was asleep so his voice screeched low towards end of the word. It was already too late at front of younger's sleep because Jimin jerked awake.

His eyes fell on the two fallen creatures the moment they opened themselves. Jimin jumped out of the car and lunged towards Hoseok and Taemin. Jungkook could not fathom the eerie reaction and saw Jimin already kicking Taemin and Hoseok.

"Good bye, Balls." He scrunched his face and then he saw Taemin pulled Jimin down and began to capture his legs to drag on the ground but Jimin's legs were in tornado mode, kicking frantically.

"No Shit!" Jungkook rolled his hair back and suddenly ran to hold Jimin back before he popped Taemin's eyes out and punctured balls out of Hoseok.

Jimin forgot about Jungkook being there and tried to charge at the men, but failed. He tried again and failed this time as well. He then realized he was held by something strong, unaware what could the thing be.

He knitted his brows and turned to attack the thing when his hands stopped mid way as he saw Jungkook grabbing him in his arms and blushed profusely. His gaze instantly travelled to ground and Jungkook now smiled.

"Ooooh..." Taemin let out a chorus in a teasing manner while grinning ear to ear. Hoseok, who was still at the ground, looked at Taemin and then at Jimin. He had no clue why Taemin was being goofy but he had to follow him. He got up with an 'ooooh' as well but the tease turned to ear tearing wails due pain which shot through his nuts.

"AAAA." Hoseok screamed so loud that half asleep Yoongi came out of the house in his boxers, Jungkook flinched his eyes shut and Jimin buried himself into Jungkook's chest. The Doctor held the Model possessively and caressed his hair but the screaming did not stop. Hoseok kept yelling until Doctor had to take the situation in his hands.

Few minutes later, Hoseok sat with ice pack over his groin and Taemin sat beside him on one couch. On the opposite couch was Jungkook, curiously screening the new species. Yoongi was making coffee for the first normal person who has set foot in the house since Jimin decided to move in. Jimin was helping Yoongi, and by helping, he was looking at the coffee by propping his chin on his hands over kitchen counter.

Yoongi came back with a mug of coffee and passed it on to Jungkook. "Thank you." He stated and took a sip.

"Sorry about those things." Yoongi added, pointing towards the two.

"What does a guy have to do to get a cup of coffee in this household?" Taemin bickered but his words fell on deaf ears and Yoongi ignored their presence entirely.

At first Jungkook thought that the men were mentally retarded but now he reached to a conclusion that they did not have brains.

Yoongi glared at Jimin who was biting his nails nervously, standing behind Jungkook. He thought Jungkook would ask for explanation about what he saw, but he did not. On the other hand, Yoongi wanted Jimin to tell Jungkook everything, ergo the glares.

When Jimin did not seem to say anything, Yoongi stood up and walked around slowly. He then pushed Jimin in front of couch and drifted off. "Would you like to explain to Jungkook what was going on, Jimin?" His lips stretched into an evil grin.

"Yeah, Jungkook, they are humans. Human friends. I mean friends. They stole my jackets and they come to steal my stash." Jimin let out in one breath and suddenly stopped gasping and covered his mouth with his hands.

To no one's expectation, Jimin had a layer of tears forming in his eyes and he ran into his room and banged the door shut. Everyone looked at each other and Jungkook got up. "I will go check." He said slowly and went after Jimin.

He knocked on the door. "I am not in here." Jimin replied from inside and Jungkook could make out he was crying.

He forced himself in and saw Jimin standing in front of window, wiping his tears. Jungkook exhaled slowly and walked over to him.

"What's wrong? Talk to me." He said slowly but Jimin did not turn back.

"It's all my fault. I used to slack off the work. Yoongi was too kind to let me share the room here for which I have not paid rent in months. He does everything around here and three of us just used to leech off of him. I made Taemin and Hoseok lazy. I made them like this. All three of us used to steal from our own house so that we could get drunk and get stoned, without worrying about anything. Sobriety brought stress so we decided to fuck it." Jimin shuddered and wiped his tears again.

"You now know, I am no good for you. I am living a vagrant life of a hipster. You... You are an elegant and well-off Doctor. What are you even doing here in this dump? You should go back. I am sorry." Jimin's words were clear but Jungkook could feel his shaking heart right now. Albeit short meetings, he had thought to never see this side of Jimin.

Jungkook turned Jimin to look at him and held his hand up over Jimin's chest, onto his heart. "Breathe." He said in a sedately calming voice and Jimin did.

Jungkook sat him down on the bed and held his hand. "They will come around. You started to change things for yourself. You got your stimuli and they will get theirs too. All in a good time. Don't beat yourself up. They are not your fault, they are adults and they wanted to do all those things deep down. You only gave them a nudge. If they did not want to do it, no one would have been able to make them." Jungkook's words did wonders to Jimin and he looked up to see his face in wonderment.

Jungkook swiftly stroked the tears away from Jimin and leaned in. Jimin thought it was for a kiss but Jungkook just wanted to look him in the eyes.

"Promise me one thing." He said as he held out his pinky and Jimin nodded.

"If you have to use substance or liquor, don't do it with anyone else except me from now on." Jungkook said authoritatively. He was not sure if Jimin would agree but the younger did, despite having no clue why Jungkook asked him that.

25 Apr 2021