33. The New Home

Two days later, Jungkook picked Jimin from his place early in the morning when everyone else was still sleeping, including Jimin. The younger was barely awake but he still got ready into a cute tee and bermudas for travel.

Jungkook let Jimin sleep on his arm during the whole ride to the airport so he would not be cranky later. As they arrived, Jungkook carried everything they were travelling with, including Jimin. 

The airport was busy but not so much as it would be during the day. People looked at Jungkook with Jimin on the back and hands carrying a trolley and a bag but Jungkook did not mind at all. As they went to get the boarding pass, Jimin woke up.

He opened his oval eyes and looked around. Since Jungkook was in a business class, he did not have to stand in a queue. Jimin did not give Jungkook any hint that he was awake. "Thank you." Jungkook thanked the lady who handed him boarding passes for both of them. 

The doctor now walked towards the VIP lounge to wait there. "I know you are awake, Sweetie." 

"What gave away?" Jimin whined and jumped down. 

"Your not so low giggles."

**

After travelling across the ocean, they landed in the US, Orlando. The senior Jeons were not at the airport because Jungkook took 3 hours early flight than he was supposed to, as he wanted to surprise his parents. 

Jimin sat silently in the cab, wide awake now. Jungkook looked at him and smiled. He slowly pulled him close. "What are you thinking? Care to share?" He asked in a low, raspy voice.

"I am just nervous. What am I going to do if they don't like me?" Jimin asked for the nth time. 

"Do you really care that much about them? So if they don't like you?" Jungkook wrapped his arm around Jimin's shoulder, letting him lean on his own body.

"How can you say that? It is extremely important that they like me. Otherwise, how will we get..." Jimin suddenly stopped talking and did not delay to cock his head to the other side, glancing at the suburbs outside. 

Jungkook did not even have to hide his sheepish grin as Jimin was not looking his way. Jungkook knew what his boyfriend meant and it gave him intense pleasure to realize that Jimin was also thinking about it. 

However, Jungkook did not press Jimin on it and they gradually reached an elegant property. Jungkook paid the cabbie and took out their bags while Jimin just gawked at the houses. It was so refreshing to see clear skies which were hard to see back home as they always had dust in the air.

He breathed in deeply and tried to calm his nerves. "You are rich, Jeon Jungkook." Jimin said as the cabbie turned around and left them. 

"You already know that, Park Jimin." Jungkook poked his finger in Jimin's abs and he jumped back. While laughing, they entered the main gate that was open.

They could hear voices inside the house. Jimin spotted two figures, one in a grey suit and one in a black long dress in the kitchen which was right behind the living room. Since it was the big house, Jeon's did not see Jimin and Jungkook come in. 

Jungkook left his bags by the door and held Jimin's hand, he began to walk inside but just as he saw his parents, he left Jimin's hand and held his bridge of the nose while Jimin burst out laughing, he could not control it, damned be the first impression.

Mr. and Mrs. Jeon who were cooking in the kitchen now turned around. Mrs. Jeon joined Jimin and walked slowly towards him while Mr. Jeon only hid behind the counter. "Hello, Mrs. Jeon. I am Jimin." He bowed, controlling his laughter and Mrs. Jeon pulled him in a hug. 

"Honey, come out. They have seen you and your black dress." Mrs. Jeon called Mr. Jeon and the man now stood up from behind the counter, throwing a washcloth in annoyance.

Jungkook still did not recover from it and he only peeked from behind his hand and saw his father strutting towards them in heels. No one uttered a voice until Mr. Jeon started cursing the heels and threw them away.

Mrs. Jeon was the one who broke the silence this time and Jimin joined later. 

"Don't laugh now. It was your idea. Why can't you cook? Why don't you try wearing heels and try to walk in them? Why don't you wear a dress and see how difficult it is to go pee? It was all you." Mr. Jeon finally stood face to face but that only made the whole scene funnier. Jimin was dying inside. 

"Well, I wanted you to have realization, how difficult it is for me and you still keep complaining about how potatoes are too soft or how you get nightmares of broccoli." Mrs. Jeon turned to him and they started bickering. 

"Well, guess what? I don't need realization. I don't need anything that does not have anything to do with income, inspiration, or orgasm." Mr. Jeon bellowed.

It was at this point that Jimin lost it. The way he stifled his ridiculous laughter just put the stop to Jeon couple and they started laughing as well.

They just laughed while Jungkook remained there, gawking at the circus. 

Once they let the laughter out of their system, they looked at unfazed Jungkook. "And you were worried about them. I did not tell you but they were worried about the same thing." He told Jimin who just smiled and looked at the senior Jeons who had encircled him.

Out of nowhere, Jimin got a feeling of belongingness. It was not just him, there were many like him in this world. He did not even have to look far.

"Mom and Dad, will you please go and change now."

"Oh sorry, sorry." Mr. Jeon held Mrs. Jeon's hand and led her to their bedroom while Jimin walked to Jungkook and fell on the older's chest so the doctor had to hold him.

"Why am I at the center of this clownery?" Jungkook shook his head.

"They are amazing." Jimin countered with a shy smile, causing Jungkook to reciprocate. He pulled Jimin up into his arms and joined his lips with him.

The younger was quick to break the kiss. "They will come back," he looked at himself in the mirror behind him while adjusting his hair, and wiped his lips to clean the smudge of his lip gloss. "They are so cute, just like you." Jimin turned to Jungkook and told him by crinkling his nose before walking near the mirror on the wall. 

"I am not cute, baby. You are." Jungkook retaliated.

Jimin picked up a picture of a baby in the frame that was kept on the counter and looked back at Jungkook. "You are just so cute." He pinched Jungkook's cheeks. 

The doctor gave Jimin a tight-lipped smile. "Yeah... Except that it's my mom."

17 Jul 2021