29. The Dead Flowers

Jimin changed into his outfit after a shower and happily left the house, unaware that Jungkook was already gone. He took Yoongi's car and drove off.

While driving, everything felt fresh to his hopeful eyes, the rising sun or the chirping of birds. He fell in love all over again. He wanted to do something for Jungkook too so he thought to buy flowers like Jungkook always did.

He reached a shop that was just opening and entered. Now, he looked at the flowers and did not know which was Jungkook's favorite. This alone was enough to thrash him down but he was determined to make amends. He would start by just talking about trivial things with Jungkook, like his favorite food or his favorite date idea.

Jimin was welcomed by a teenage girl and her father. "Hello, you are so pretty." The girl told Jimin and made him laugh.  

"You are so adorable yourself. Which grade are you in?" Jimin asked and the father smiled at the innocent conversation. 

"I have just started my high school." The girl told the Jimin and he beamed at her. 

"What's your name?" Jimin asked.

"My name is Mia."

"Mia, what is your favorite flower? I need your help to pick a few for a friend." Jimin asked the girl who happily clapped her hands. 

"Is it for your girlfriend? Is she also pretty like you?" 

"Yeah, he is also pretty like me, he is more. He is my boyfriend." Jimin said dreamily and the girl blushed.  

"Do you have a boyfriend?" Jimin whispered and Mia shook her head. "A girlfriend?" Jimin lastly added and the girl nodded. 

"Good girl." Jimin noted and nodded at her. Mia helped Jimin to pick up few tiger lilies. Jimin for some reason assumed that Jungkook would love these unconventional flowers. He had them tied into a bouquet and paid the girl before leaving, happily.

He arrived at Jungkook's place and punched in the passcode. The lock opened and Jimin entered the house slowly. He did not want to wake up Jungkook so early, hence he walked blithely with his kittenish feet, but his smile faded when he found the bedroom door open and the clothes scattered on the floor. 

It was now that he called out Jungkook's name but no one answered. He quickly checked the bathrooms and all the other rooms but Jungkook was nowhere to be found. He called Jungkook again on the phone but the man had blocked him. His call could not connect. 

His eyes suddenly brimmed and he flinched at the knock on the door. Suddenly, he brought the smile back to his face forcibly, assuming Jungkook had come back but it was the mailman who slid the envelope from mail slot.

The man then rang the bell. Jimin opened and signed for the shipment. He went back and kept the envelope on the dresser by the couch before sitting down on the floor.

Minutes turned into hours but Jungkook has not returned. Jimin's stomach started gurgling with hunger but he did not think about it at all. He stood restless, eyes keened at the door in hope that Jungkook would enter any minute now. 

His thoughts disrupted when Yoongi called him and Jimin sobbed."He is not here Yoongi. He blocked my number. I cannot reach him. I lost him."  He began to sob hard and Yoongi tried to comfort him and give him strength from the distance. 

"Do you know his friends? Can you call them and ask?" Yoongi suggested and Jimin suddenly stood up. 

"Yes, I will go to the hospital. Why did not I think it before?"

Jimin did not spare another minute and quickly left the house with flowers. He reached the hospital and asked Rishu about Jungkook's appointments. She informed Jimin that Jungkook had taken a week off and Namjoon was filling in for him.