21. The Serious Questions

A week later, Jimin was at Jungkook's place as he would be most of the time. The privacy and the clean apartment he got here were perfect for him to sleep or even just lay back and relax.

Jungkook would come back from the hospital and be welcomed by his alluring boyfriend who would turn adorable in a minute with his unadulterated smile. Today, the scene was different when Jungkook walked in. He saw Jimin lying on the couch in the living room with one hand folded carefully over his chest while the other one dangled carelessly towards the floor.

"I am home," Jungkook announced and did not hear anything in return as he took and glance at the figure lying on the couch. He took off his shoes and got into home slippers.

"Are you okay?" Jungkook could not help but chuckle as he looked down at Jimin's tousled hair when he walked in.

"I am having mid life crisis." Jimin claimed and kept his stare skyward.

Jungkook cowered down and sat on the carpeted floor. "Sweetie, you do realize you are only 24. Right?"

"I don't care," Jimin cocked his neck to fix his blank gaze at the sexy human. "Since I don't know when I am going to die, I decided to do it now." Jimin replied emotionlessly and craned the neck back to it's previous alignment while he had staring competition with the ceiling.

Jungkook sighed and got up from floor. He pulled Jimin's upper body from the couch and took a place there before letting Jimin back on his lap. He brushed Jimin's hair up and pecked the clear forehead.

"You seem in a mood where you could use chocolates," Jimin nodded. "Wine," the younger nodded again with each word so Jungkook kept going. "French pasta, chocolate ice cream, and dirty sex with flavored condoms."

Jimin nodded at first and then glared at Jungkook. "I am sorry, but you do." Jungkook nodded to assure him and Jimin whined as he turned and smushed his face right into the older's abdomen and hugged him.

Jungkook's heart turned to puddle and he slowly pulled Jimin up to straddle him on his lap. Albeit it gave Jungkook a rock hard boner, he did not want to go there yet. His priority was to cheer up his baby's mood.

Jimin remained unaffected and rested his face on Jungkook's shoulder blade while Jimin's lips faced up Jungkook's pouty ones.

"Baby..."

"Hmm?"

"You never told me about... Your parents. Do you guys talk or are you not close?" Jungkook carefully asked as his hands gently caressed Jimin's back.

"Have you heard of a brand Tae Park?"

"Yes, I even have something from there." Jungkook began to look around.

"That is owned by my parents. Well, technically by my dad but my mom holds a share. They are homophobic, uber rich, pretentious, and anything you can come up with in stereotype." Jimin said blankly.

"I am so sorry baby." Jungkook leaned in and kissed Jimin's lips protectively.

"Don't be. Reality is often disappointing and I have learned to live with it. I have left home 7 years ago with Taehyung. They thought I and Taehyung were a couple and they cursed us, saying we will never get happiness." Jimin said yet so apathetically while Jungkook fumed in anger. How could any parent react that way to their kid?

"Was Taehyung's parents also not supportive?" Asked Jungkook.

"They really did not care. They hardly did anything for him. I was the one who gave him money after stealing from my own house. We would be out for hours and no one cared to ask where we were or did we get in any trouble." Jimin shrugged but by now, his voice was dropping and his body began to shudder lightly while tightly holding onto his emotions.

"How did you manage money when you moved out?" Jungkook asked and held Jimin close gently and possessively.

"I used to steal." Jimin replied and burst out laughing. Jungkook chuckled airily and did not understand when the younger's laughter turned into weeping.

His smile died down quickly and he tried to pull Jimin to see his face but the younger only held Jungkook closer and nuzzled his nose into Jungkook's neck, not wanting Jungkook to see him crying.

"I u-used to shoplift while Taehyung distracted people. We then met Hoseok and Taemin and we kept d-doing that stuff. I got caught once. They told me they will put me in jail and charged me 10 times for the items I had hidden in my pocket." Jimin broke down completely and his tears drenched Jungkook's shirt slowly.

The older could not completely imagine how tough it must have been for Jimin. He knew that was why he was so carefree. He had nothing to lose and no one to love. He kept listening to the crying younger. "I was 18 at the time. I felt so ashamed of myself after that and so did Taehyung. He then decided to get a job for us. A few months later, he asked his boss and got me a job too. T-thank god for Jin who met Taehyung in the salon we worked in. They fell in l-love. He helped all of us with tuition. We studied long distance and finally became our own people. E-except Taemin and Hoseok are still living life like that."

Jungkook kept rubbing his hands over Jimin and his eyes also brimmed with unshed tears. Only if he met Jimin way back then. He would have taken care of his baby.

"Sweetie, I am so sorry. I did not know and I should not have asked you this when you were already not your usual self." Jungkook kissed Jimin's neck slowly and felt that he shook his head.

"That's okay. Present tragedy becomes the future comedy." Jimin chuckled through his tears or at least he attempted to but the voice which erupted was somewhat similar to a dying speaker. 

Jungkook held Jimin tightly and got up while the younger wrapped his legs around the older male's waist and let the man walk freely. He never left the tight grip on the neck that he had from before and peeked from under Jungkook's collar to see that the man was in the kitchen.

The doctor took out a bottle of bubble tea from the fridge and turned to make a beeline for the bedroom. He sat on the bed and opened the bottle cap. "Drink this." He asked Jimin who was not still willing to show his face.

"Baby, you will feel better. Hush now." Jimin sighed with a shaky breath and pulled away, still straddling Jungkook and accepted the bottle while the other curiously surveyed his face.

Lips vermillion as if saffron was mixed with milk, nose beetroot red, and the beautiful irises bled red and the micro veins popping out. Jungkook caught the lone thick tear which was sluggishly rolling down Jimin's cheeks and stared at it. "I know you think I am rich, but I still cannot afford this." He said holding up his hand with the teardrop that reflected the light from the ceiling and Jimin smiled after taking a small sip from the bottle.

"I won't cry," Jimin said looking at Jungkook's chest.

Jungkook flicked the tear away and cupped Jimin's face with one hand while he held his other hand up with two fingers folded in and two out. "Promise!"

"I do," Jimin replied cockily while connecting his tiny hand with the bigger one.

"I want to introduce you to my parents. They are going to love you, only if you are ready." Jungkook uttered with their joined hands and Jimin felt the older kiss him slowly on the lips right after.

"I would love that," Jimin replied in joy as they parted and opened their eyes that got closed while kissing. Jimin let out a relaxed moan after. "Now where are we on that flavored condom?"

9 Jun 2021