Act 50

Y/n: " Now then Doctor, what is this newer military invention of yours?"

Arriving back in the Outpost near the Slums of Mantle, Dr. Maxis had already constructed a makeshift laboratory  situated in a sizable yet small Tent. Behind a curtain, Maxis was conducting the final modifications on the weapon he created using dust crystals to power it.

Maxis: " Say my Lord, what would you say is the strongest element when it comes to fighting War?"

Y/n: "my best guess would be fire, giving it's destructive capabilities, as well as a way to cut of escape routes."

Maxis: "Good thinking, which is exactly why I've decided to created a weapon harnessing the destructive power of fire dust compressed into a small area....i present to you-"

As the curtain was pulled to the side with great force, Dr. Maxis stood there with what looked like a burning Rocket launcher on his shoulder.

Maxis: "The Scorch Cannon!"

Maxis: "When fired, the Scorch Cannon fires a volitive shot of Fire dust that detonates on impact resulting in an explosion that leaves the area that was impacted burning for a while

Maxis: "When fired, the Scorch Cannon fires a volitive shot of Fire dust that detonates on impact resulting in an explosion that leaves the area that was impacted burning for a while. However if you decide to hold the trigger after the shot made contact with a surface....or person.... The particles with condens resulting in a bigger explosion and more damage to the target as well as a larger fire left behind. The longest you can hold the trigger for is 6 seconds after impact, after maximum power is achieved."

Looking in aw at The weapon, Maxis handed it to his king, who was surprised how lightweight it was compared to it's looks.

Y/n: "An interesting weapon for sure. May i test it myself?"

Maxis: "Of course! It is yours now after all."

Heading out into the tunnel, y/n fired the first shot at a wall away from Kridis troops. Like Maxis said, it exploded in impact with a sizable crater in the wall.
With his second shot, he held the trigger like Maxis instructed and released it after the time suggested by the scientist. The resulting hole was definitely much larger than the previous, as well as the lingering fire that spread out more.

Y/n: "A very nice weapon indeed. You've outdone yourself Maxis."

Maxis: "Your words honor me my Lord. However I must confess I knew this outcome and decided to be bold and already produce multiple of these weapons."

Siviks: "What did you do with them Maxis?"

Maxis: "Given the current place of operation is the kingdom of Atlas, i decided to give a few to Kridis troops who are stationed here. While also equipping one of your Crimson Squads with them. They want to be referred to as the Battalion of Scorching Earth. The name was their idea my king."

A small chuckle escape field medic Siviks mouth, but he quickly composed himself. As he looked at y/n who was inspecting his new Weapon, his scroll beeped.

Y/n: "What about reloading maxis? Surly this gun has a limit."

Maxis: "That's the good thing. This model of the Cannon was specifically crafted with you in mind. As long as your dust glove is charged with fire dust, the Cannon draws power from that whenever it runs low. Basically keep your glove topped on, and you have unlimited power."

Before the horde king could compliment the scientist for his work, Siviks nudged his side, gaining his attention. After a short nod, he turned back to maxis.

Y/n: "Thank you for this weapon maxis. I'll now leave you to your experiments. There is something I must attend to."

Maxis: "Of course my Lord. I bed you farewell for no."
With a nod of approval, Y/n and Siviks left the Outpost, Scorch Cannon strapped to his back, and hopped into his trusty reaver Redrix.

Y/n: "Redrix, be a good boy and get us to this location. Stealthy."

The Reaver nodded and immediately took to the Sky.

Meanwhile within the old amity Colosseum near the Old Dust Mine, RWBY as well as JNR were currently celebrating their sudden graduation and 'promotion' to full fledged Huntsmen and Huntresses. After a lot of Cake and some time for themselves, The group found a mission board. They were quickly joined by 3 of the 5 Ace ops.

Marrow: "Do you smell that? It smells like fresh meat."

Y/n: "Oh that's not meat you smell."

Everyone looked around the room to find the source of the voice, but to no avail.

Elm: "Who are you and how did you get in here?!"

Y/n: "Look up."

In the middle of the arena, high up the Air began to shimmer as Redrix cloak device deactivated, revealing the Reaver as well as the two soldiers.

Yang: "Wow, you actually came?! Aren't busy being king and all?"

Y/n: "Nonsense, i can't let you guys graduate without congratulating you now can I? Redrix, down boy."

The Reaver flew another few circles before landing close to the group and the Ace ops.

Weiss: "Wait, you told him where we are?"

Yang: "Yup! Sure did."

Marrow: "Why would you reveal out location to the Enemy?!"

Redrix decided to get right up close to marrow face to face. The Faunus was shaking and sweating bullets as he looked at the reavers face.
With a mighty hiss from Redrix, marrow finally fainted, giving the locust a good laugh.

Y/n: "you know, i hate being called an enemy. I'm only going to be Atlas enemy if Ironwood makes a stupid discussion against my fellow Locust. But yes, Yang let us know where you guys are."

Elm: "Seriously, why you you tell them where we are???"

Yang: "Because Y/n and the Locust are is our friends. We don't care if Ironwood has a problem with him. And i wanted him here."

Y/n and Siviks finally hopped off of Redrix, with Y/n walking straight to Yang, who shyly looked at him.

Yang: "Uhhhh....hi?"

Y/n: "Hehe, well aren't you just the sweetest little thing. Come here."

He proceeded to wrap his arms around her which she returned gladly after some hesitation.

Y/n: "Guess my little darling has some competition in terms of sweetness."

Somewhere withing Atlas.

Neo: *Sneeze*

Klein: "Miss, are you not feeling well?"

Neo in her staff disguise shook her head, which made klein simply shrug.

Neo: "was someone talking about me?"

———————————————————————

A/n

Here we are, a bit late, but hey, being back at work and with everything hurting, i just didn't feel like writing.
Anyway, enough about me, i hope you enjoyed the chapter!!