Act 22

Yeah, neo is my weakness...
————————————————
Third p.o.v.

As Varix continued to follow the trail, He soon saw the walls of what appeard to be a small town. However from withing that town, he heard weapons clashing, and guns firing.

Varix: " Must hurry."

Was all he though as he was now outside the town wall. Being the Crimson Brigades best sniper and scout, Varix made his way on top of one of the partially finished roof tops.
Looking towards the town's center through his scope, he saw Qrow and Ruby fighting a man with a scorpion tail. However, once Ruby was about to be hit with a falling wooden beam, Qrow managed to cut it in half. Which left I'm open long enough for the man with the scorpion tail to scratch Qrow's abdomen, and draw blood.

Varix: "Perfect~."

Varix said to himself, as he pulled the trigger of his Longshot, and shot the man's tail almost clean off at the base. He screamed in pain, as all Eyes were drawn to the Roof he positioned himself on.

Jaune: "Wait, thats-"

Tyrian: "You bastard!"

As he shouted, Varix pulled the bolt on his sniper, and loaded a new round, which found its way into Tyrians Shoulder, making him tell out in pain even more before running away. The locust sniper just scoffed.

Varix: "Tsk...Coward..."

He jumped off the Roof, and slung his rifle to his back. Before joining the others. Qrow fell to one of his knees as everyone gathered.

Nora: "Who was that guy?!"

Ren: "How did you get here?"

Jaune: "Why are people after Ruby?!"

Ruby: "Uncle Crow..., what's going on?"

Qrow: "What's your favorite fairytale?"

~~Timeskip brought to you by the Author not wanting to write the whole story of the maidens and gods~~
(If you want that, V4 EP.8)

As Qrow left the Fireplace to take a walk, The Eyes of the Team set on the locust Sniper and scout, who was looking deep in thought.

Ruby: "So...why where you with Uncle Qrow Varix?"

Varix: "The King send me to keep an eye on the 4 of you. Making sure you're save. Safe from harm, Yes."

Nora: "But...why? Qrow was already following us."

Varix: "King cares. For you all. Send Ryuk after Blake. Helping Yang with her Arm. King upset if you'd be hurt."

Nora: "Sooooo y/n has a big soft spot for us? Awwwww! That's so cute! Who knew the leader of a race could be such a softy!"

Varix chuckled before leaning closer to the fire and looking at the group.

Varix: On Sera, King and Queen were rarly Happy. Fought long war. Lost many locust to COG. to the Lambent. Being around you, king changed. For the better. Smiles more, laughs more. King and Queen seem happy."

The group of Huntresses and Huntsmen in training smiled hearing that from Varix. Ruby especially after hearing that he's looking out for her sister as well and Blake as well.

Ruby: "You can tell him we are thankful for that...that he cares do much."

Varix: "Will do. Little Reaper."

The 4 of them along with Qrow who joined back after a bit all soon went to sleep. Varix however had to make a Report.

Varix: "This is Varix my Lord."