Act 21

I'm weak for Neo's Hips...
————————————————
Third p.o.v.

Currently, Ruby, Jaune, Nora and Ren were following a Trail through a forest area after taking a night to camp and rest. Their currently targeted location was a village called Higanbana.

Ruby: "See! everything is going to be fine!"

Jaune: " You know, we had our ups and downs, but...things could be a lot wrse. I've really thought we'd see more Grimm."

Ren: "As did I."

Nora: "Guess our luck is finally turning around! Tooooo Higanbana!"

All: "To Higanbana!"

Little did they know, someone was currently watching them through a sniper scope from on top of a hill. While someone else just killed a beowolf with a stab through the head.

Qrow: "Hmpf....Luck..."

Varix: "They are heading to a village, an inn Yesss?"

A Raven nearby caught Qrow's attention.

Qrow: "Yes, let's not get them to far ahead of us."

Varix: "Of course, I'll report to the King."

While the two were heading down the hill and staying on Team RNJR's tail, Varix went into deep thought.

Varix: " My Lord, Varix Reporting."

Y/n: "Yes Varix, how are things with Ruby and the others?"

Varix: "Still relatively quiet. RNJR heading to Village, seeking shelter from nightfall. Qrow and I follow. Taking out any Grimm threat in sight Yeeeees."

Y/n: " Just as expected from the Brigades best Scout and Sniper. Keep me up to date If anything happens alright?"

Varix: "of course my Lord."

With the report over, Varix was fully back to his senses as he trailed the Team. However, he noticed Qrow was taking a detour to the side.

Varix: "Going different Route Yes?"

Qrow: "Eh, kind of, something....or someone caught my attention. I'll meet up with you on a rooftop in the Village."

With that, Qrow ran full speed to the side and vanished beging a tree line. Soon after, a crow took of into the sky.

Varix: "Weird ability he has...no matter, got to follow the Team."

With that thought our of the Way, Varix continued to tail the Team.

Timeskip~~

It was night time on the way to Haven for Team RNJR, and the 4 of them finally made it to their destinated Village Higanbana just in time to rent a Room for the night.
On the opposite side of the Inn, Varix was sitting on top of the houses roof, inspecting his silenced Longshot sniper, and Boltok Pistol. Below him,inside the Bar, Qrow's sister Raven was about to leave her brother after a talk, when she turned back once more.

Raven: "Who was the person I saw with you?"

Qrow: "Why do you need to know?"

Raven: "He didn't look particularly Human. Is he one of these people why now inhabit the underground City of Mountain Glenn?"

Qrow only scoffed and twirled his drink around in his glass.

Qrow: "Maybe he is. Why? Does he make you feel uneasy?"

Raven: "do you know which side they are on?"

Qrow: "Whichever side they are on, is going to have the upper hand in all of this. Their forces, the creatures we've seen.... hehe, Make the Grimm look friendly.

Raven: "They huh? There are 2 people leading these beasts?"

Qrow: "I don't know how many leaders there are. There could be more I haven't seen. No one has seen. "

Raven: "Right..."

With that, she simply vanished in her portal.

Qrow sighed, payed for his drinks, and made his way to the roofs looking for his company. Varix was quickly found since he sat on the roof of the bar qrow was in. He silently landed on the roof behind The Locust Sniper.

Varix: "You have returned yes?"

Qrow: "Wow, that's some awareness you have."

Varix: "Locust scouts must be aware of their surroundings. Never know where a sniper might be peaking their head out."

Qrow: "Right, right."

Qrow soon put his Harbinger to the side, and sat down next to Varix, who loaded a fresh magazine into his modified Longshot.

Qrow: "Hey Varix."

Varix: "Yeeees?"

Qrow: "Your King, Y/n, how is he. I mean as a person."

Varix: "King Y/n and Queen Myrrah are both good leaders. Look out for our well being like we are their children. When not on the front line, both can be the gentlest souls."

Qrow: "A King and Queen who are on the front lines with their army? how are they on the battlefield?

Varix: "Oh no no, Myrrah isn't fighting on the front, she coordinates the reinforcements and the Reaver squads. Y/n however ..."

Varix shortly paused while recalling events from Sera where Y/n along with General Raam were out planting seeders to let the Kryll out to destroy Ilima City. He recalls Raam's Reaver being shot down by a squad, Zeta Squad. After seeing Raam's reaver get shot down, Y/n went in and single handedly took down the Cogs Reinforcement troops along with the Leader of the Zeta Squad.

Varix: "He's a Ruthless leader, who leads the main attacks and the heavy ground units, Brumak and even the Berserkers. In Battle, he doesn't know the word Mercy. In all honesty, I don't wish to be his opponent once. That's one rule every Soldier learns. Don't anger the King."

Qrow didn't Expect y/n, someone he saw on top of the Nexus in Vale laughing with one of his soldiers like old buddies, or someone who cares so much for others, to be such a monster in combat.

Qrow: "Wow, Uhm...thanks, for the information."

Varix: "No worries. Let's rest yes?"

Qrow: " Right."

Timeskip

The next day, as their mission to get to Mistral continued, Qrow and Varix once again kept on their tail. Not to close to be detected of course. However, Qrow soon had a look of worry on his face.

Qrow: "Ruby!"

Varix: "What is it?? Something wrong?"

Qrow didn't say a word, and immediately turned into a Crow again, taking of quickly along the path. Varix looked confused, but decided it was time to pick up the pace. He strapped his Longshot to his back, and started going full Sprint after qrow.

————————————————

A/n

So yeah that's how things are on Varix end. Hope you liked the chapter and let me know your thoughts! See ya!