Act 24

You find a lot of pics when you are just looking for a cute neo pic.....
But Succubus Neo?
Lord forgive my for what I'm 'bout to do
————————————————
Third p.o.v.

Within the usually Quiet remains of Kuroyuri a lot of gunshots rang in the air. Why?
Because Team RNJR along with Varix stumbled upon what left the footprints Varix saw. A Nuckelavee Grimm. A horse with a Human like creature that was files onto it's back started attacking not long after Ruby, jaune and Varix walked into the town's borders. Ren and Nora quickly joined the three after hearing the Nuckelavees scream from the mountains after finding it's cave. The injured Qrow was currently laying against a tree. Unable to help due to the poison.

The group just got thrown next to qrow after an attempt at taking out the beast. Varix was thrown into the roof of a building, but quickly recovered. As he looked out from the destroyed roof, he started to analyze the Grimm's behavior.

Varix: "it isn't mindless. Rather smart. Coming from age possibly. Horse obeys rider. Rider screams, it disorients you. Rider stretches arms. He can use long range..."

As he watched, he noticed it's close range is only covered by the horse's feet, not his arms at all. And once it stretches it's arms, it doesn't stop until the arms reach the targeted location.

Varix: " We must immobile it. Pin it's arms. Knock out horse."

He also noticed the anger in Rens behavior. The way he aggressively charges at it only to be knocked back.

Varix: " Child hates the Creature... Child Hats town... No... Child lived here... Creature destroyed town...killed family."

After analyzing everything he could in the short time, he jumped out of the roof onto the ground. He shot one of the beasts arm, which released a to the wall pinned Ren, who immediately charged back towards the creature.

Varix: "Child No!"

Ren however, didn't listen, and was thrown back to his starting point. However with broken Aura that is. Nora tackled Ren, and they landed under the porch of one of the houses. The Nuckelavee started to charge as the two waited for the house to collapse above them. Which it didn't. As they looked out from the Porch, the saw that Varix had both front hooves in his hands, stoping the horse part of the beast to stomp onto the porch.

Varix: " come to your senses child."

While Varix was holding the creature at Bay, Ruby shot the human like part, and grabbed it's attention. It extended it's arm to try and grab Ruby. But being Ruby, she used her scythe to propel herself into the Air, and that a few more pop shots at the grimm as she continues to avoid it's attacks.

A few minutes later, Ren and Nora crawled out from the Porch, and the 5 regrouped.

Varix: "Have you calmed down child?"

Ren nodded.

Varix: "Good. Ruby, Jaune pin it's arms down. Nora hammer the horse Head. Ren, kill it."

The group nodded and started to execute their plan. Ruby drew the creatures attention, and it extended it's arm to reach her. However after it missed and tried retracting it's arm, Ruby used her scythe to pin it's arm to the ground.  After the creature cried out, Varix shot it with his Longshot to grab it's attention. It tried the same thing it tried with Ruby, extend it's arm. But this time before it could hit Varix, jaune shield bashed the arm to the side, and once again pinned it down using his sword. Now immobilized, Nora let herself fall from on top of a bell tower, and drove her hammer into the horse parts skull, knocking the lower horse out. Completely immobilizing the creature, and making it vulnerable up close.
Ren then slowly started to kill the beast by cutting off both of it's Arms, slash it across the chest, and finally beheading it.  Varix reacted quickly, grabbed the head, as it slowly started to disolve from the black parts, and cut off the white armor plating with the two large horns. The creature completely disolved into a large cloud of black smoke while Varix held onto the face armor of the creature.

Ren was then tackled to the ground into a hug by a happy Nora, while Ruby checked on Qrow. Jaune walked over to Varix.

Jaune: "I didn't know someone could keep the skull of Grimm. Usually they disolve.

Varix: "They do. But following you killed a lot of Grimm. Noticed something. Masks and armor dissolve last yeees. Only when connected to the black body. Make good trophies. Make good studies for Maxis."

From above, the sound of a sonar got the attention of jaune and Varix two ships closed in.

Varix: "Pack up children! Ticket out is here!"

Ruby quickly informed them about the injured Qrow, who was quickly put into a ship by the Haven Huntsmen and immediately took off into the air.

Varix: "You found us quick. How?"

Huntsman: " we saw the smoke during patrol. And no one has been here in years, so we thought something might be wrong."

Meanwhile---

Yang and Y/n were currently following a round they had found by flight with Redrix. However they are following the Road by foot to give Redrix a bit of a flight break.

Yang: "I start to feel like we won't find anything at this point...we've been searching for-"

Y/n: "Look Yang, a gas station."

Y/n pointed out towards a gas station that was on an open part within the forest.

Y/n: "I bet the owner of the place has to do with bandits trying to rob him or something."

Yang let out a sigh.

Yang: "I hope you're right..."

————————————————

A/n

Well, that's that one. We are now slowly starting to get into Volume 5 territory. Away from the confusing mess that is V4. Hope you liked the chapter, and I'll see you in the next one!