हुकूमत

Sumedh entered in Himani's house and saw angry Brigadier Dixit waiting for him.

"Are you out of your mind?" Brigadier shouted.

Sumedh kept quiet.

"Why are you here? Jo tumne kiya hai wo kitna galat hai jante ho? Maine tumhe pehchanane se mana kar diya hota to wo log pata nahi tumhara kya karte." He said.

"I am sorry sir. I had to come. I have to meet someone. I have to do something." Sumedh said.

"About what?" Brigadier asked.

"About everything happening around me. Happening around us" He said putting excessive pressure on last word.

"What do you want?" Brigadier was still angry.

"I want you to do something. People are starving out there." Sumedh said.

"Really? I don't think so. People are quite happy with army. They welcomed us. They are listening to us" Brigadier said.

"Yes. Most of them are happy I agree. But those who are not happy are still part of this country. Either you officially track down these unhappy, starving people and execute them or just do something for their wellbeing." Sumedh said firmly. "Those people are hiding somewhere. Kids are searching for their parents unaware of the fact that they're dead. I will not say that democratic government was good and what army did was wrong. But now that you've taken responsibility of the country then do something about the Citizens who are being targeted. "

Now Brigadier kept quiet. Sumedh took a big breath. Brigadier looked at him and signaled him to sit down on the couch.

Sumedh obeyed.

" You can not ignore the people who were targeted in the riots." Sumedh said calmly." Not all of them are dead. Some are hiding. I am living in my house sir and I don't remember the last time I ate a proper meal. But at least I have a house. We don't know where those people are. They must be staving. And they must be scared."

Sumedh stopped for a second to remember more points." Also we have to think about our international image. We already had an army coup. President was murdered and then those riots. International trade pe asar to padega. We will need approval for a government if you decide to form one. We need help from other nations which are still under democratic governments"

"You're right. But I am not a person who makes the decisions, Sumedh" Brigadier said.

"May be you can just suggest this to General Gurmeet. I am sure he will do something." Sumedh said.

Brigadier chuckled "Even after everything that happened you are saying that you're sure that General Gurmeet will help you? You still believe in him?"

"I still believe in Indian Army, sir" Sumedh answered confidently.

Brigadier looked at him. Sumedh saw a tinge of proud in his gaze towards him.

"You're very brave, Sumedh. What you did today was almost a suicide mission. I'll talk to General about this." Brigadier promised.

A big smile came on Sumedh's lips. "Thank you so much sir. It really means a lot."

Brigadier nodded. "Tum yaha aaye the yeh to sabko pata chalna hi hai. Have lunch with us"

"That's really kind of you sir. " Sumedh Said. "Yeh jo riots hue usme sab political background ke logoke ghar pe hamla hua. But I am still here. No one attacked me or my house and I know it's because you didn't let them near me. I know you protected me and I'll always be in your debt for whatever you have done for me"