इल्हाम

Vihaan called his father.

"Papa where are you?" He asked.

"Vihaan. Thank god you called. Are you okay? I was there when General asked you to kill them." Dixit said.

"Papa" Vihaan was crying. "This is wrong. Whatever that is happening is wrong."

Dixit took pause and said. "Don't say this Vihaan"

"Papa I am living with those two. Aarushi and Ranveer. They're innocent people" Vihaan said.

"Did you kill them?" Dixit asked.

Vihaan kept quiet. He came out and saw Aarushi and Ranveer leaving.

"Did you kill them vihaan?" Dixit again asked.

"Yes Papa" Vihaan lied. "I killed them. Now I have to bury their bodies somewhere"

Brigadier Dixit felt very bad for his son. "I am sorry Beta you had to do this. But considering the situation, it was the right thing to do"

"I am coming home tomorrow" Vihaan wiped his tears.

"I am waiting" Brigadier said.

*****

Brigadier dixit saw his son and his heart broke into pieces. He was looking pale. His face was expressionless.

"Vihaan" He went ahead.

Himani also followed her father. Her brother was back home after four months.

"Are you okay?" Brigadier asked.

"I am okay papa" Vihaan answered "I am just tired. I wanna sleep"

"Of course" Brigadier said.

Himani was about to say something but Vihaan walked away. She was confused. Why was he behaving like this?

She was still unaware about the fact that her brother was behind Aarushi's kidnapping. She saw her father anxiously walking all over the house. He went upstairs and Himani decided to eavesdrop.

Brigadier entered in Vihaan's room and saw him sitting on bed. His gaze was fixed on floor.

"I know you want to be alone. But I need to confirm Vihaan. Are they both dead?" Brigadier asked.

"Yeah. I killed them. Aarushi and Ranveer" Vihaan said.

Brigadier sighed. Himani kept her palm on her mouth to control herself from screaming. She remembered Sumedh talking about Aarushi and Ranveer. She couldn't believe what she had heard. Vihaan killed them? Why? How?

Himani took some steps back and ran towards her room. She remembered that Sumedh was waiting for Ranveer to come back. They were searching for Aarushi and Ranveer was out searching her. Sumedh was planning to search them both.

Should she tell this to Sumedh? How will he react? But how could she tell that her own brother kidnapped and murdered two people?

Himani cried silently and kept crying till she decided to confront Vihaan about this.

Vihaan was looking distressed. Himani entered in his room and sat beside him.

"Dada" She said.

Vihaan looked in her eyes for a second and then looked away "I know" He said.

"Know what?" Himani asked.

"I know that you know about Aarushi" He said "Sumedh is your boyfriend and he was searching for her"

Himani felt a knot in her stomach "Mujhe usi waqt pata chal gaya tha jis waqt tum gaye the achanak.. Itne mahino se mujhe pata tha.."

A silence was filled in the room.