ना-मा'लूम

Vihaan was watching war news and his face was serious. Why was it happening? Indian army was amongst the most capable armies. Even though insurgents were powerful this shouldn't have been happening.

Days were passing and Insurgents were defending their territory. Whilst defending they were attacking Indian army. Gurmeet was angry. He was burning in fire of revange. He was successfully turning into a dictator. No one was saying anything to him. No one was denying his authority. No one was going against him. People who could've done that were either dead or in jail.

Vihaan wanted to understand the reason behind army's constant setbacks. He heard a knock on door "Come in" He said.

His father, Brigadier Mahendra Dixit, was standing there. Vihaan stood up and saluted him.

"It's okay Vihaan" Mahendra said "Sit down"

Vihaan sat down on his chair and

Mahendra also took a seat "Vihaan main official meeting pe nahi aaya hoo" He said.

Vihaan looked at him.

"What do you think is happening?" Mahendra asked.

"In war?" Vihaan asked.

Mahendra nodded.

"Papa.. Is it safe to talk?" Vihaan asked.

"Yes. Talk softly. No one's here" Mahendra said.

"I don't know papa. Koi kuch bol nahi sakta.. Kuch kar nahi sakta.. Soldiers mar rahe hai.. Insurgents bhi.. Aur unke sath sath civilians bhi" Vihaan said "Kuch toh galat hai"

"Maine bahot socha hai Vihaan. Maine kai soldiers se baat bhi ki" Mahendra said "Shayad mujhe pata hai yeh sab kyu ho raha hai"

"Why?" Vihaan asked.

"These officers.. Soldiers.. They're trained in a certain way. The hierarchical system of army was disturbed. Navy, army and Air force came under one authority. All regiments were disturbed. They've been in those regiments and under those authorities from starting. Achank jab itna sab kuch naya ho raha hai.. They didn't have time to adjust " Mahendra told.

Vihaan furrowed his brows" Kya yeh itna bada issue hai"

"Sochoge toh hai warna nahi hai" Mahendra said "You know they used to recruit soldiers from certain states in certain regiments.. Like Maharashtrian soldiers in Maratha regiment.. We've always had problems between states and their people. Unity kam ho gayi hai Vihaan. Sunane me chahe kitna bhi bura lage.. Par sach yahi hai"

Vihaan understood what his father was trying to say. This was a valid point. This could be a reason he was trying to search.

"Kya kar sakte hai?" Vihaan asked.

"Shayad kuch nahi. General Gurmeet ka bahot bada sapna tha yeh.. Army ke state based regiments ko band karke sabko mix karna.. Unhone wo sapna pura kiya. Ab agar hum criticise karenge unko accha nahi lagega" Mahendra said.

"Toh aise hi baithe rahe? Iss war ko galat jate hue dekhe? Insurgents me bahot unity hai aur power bhi" Vihaan said.

"Koi chahiye hame jo General ko samjha sake" Mahendra said

"Kaun hoga jo unke views ke against baat karega?" Vihaan asked.

"What about Dhriti?" Mahendra asked "Why don't you talk to her?"

Vihaan dropped his jaw "You want me to tell Dhriti that her father was wrong? His decision was wrong?"

"She likes you Vihaan. She's a sensible girl. She'll listen to you" Mahendra said "Also she's looking forward to work with you"