इंतिक़ाम

Vihaan looked at Dhriti and said "Bahar ka mahol accha nahi.. Tum Sumedh aur Himani ko dhoondo aur unke sath isi room me aake baithna.. Main General ko leke aata hoo andar.."

"Vihaan.. Take care. Aur jitni jaldi ho sake yeh sab khatam karna" She said.

"I will" Vihaan replied.

He came out and went into balcony where Gurmeet was enjoying watching bloodbath. He had a glass of scotch in his hand.

"Kill them all" Gurmeet was shouting.

"Papa" Vihaan said "Don't stand here.. Come in"

"Did you see? These bastards are against our vision.. These are traitors and they don't deserve to stay in this country.. I am wiping out bad population Vihaan.." Gurmeet said.

"You're drunk" Vihaan said "Come inside.."

"You know this scotch was gifted to me.. By Admiral Maanik Chaudhury" He pointed towards Maanik's hanging dead body.

Vihaan didn't know what to say. As a final resort he grabbed his arm and pulled him inside. His guards tried to stop him but Gurmeet told them not to.

"He is my son.. Never stop him for anything" Gurmeet said.

Vihaan felt his heart wrenching. Why was he like this? Why did he love him so much and didn't care about anyone at all? How is it fair?

Vihaan made Gurmeet sit down in his bed.

"I want to watch those people dying" Gurmeet said "As I watched those politicians dying.. As I watched the president dying.. I couldn't kill Indrajit you know.. He's still alive"

"Should I make you another drink Papa?" Vihaan asked.

"Oh yes yes" Gurmeet gave his glass to Vihaan.

Vihaan turned his back towards Gurmeet. He took the same bottle of scotch from which he was drinking. He poured a large peg and looked everywhere. Gurmeet was busy watching out of the window.

Vihaan's hands were trembling. His heart was pounding across his chest. Vile of poison was in his hand. He poured it into Gurmeet's drink and felt tears on his cheeks.. He was going to be an assassinator now! He was going to murder Gurmeet. His own Father in law.. The most powerful man in the country.

He looked at him. He was enjoying the scene. People were getting killed and he was enjoying. Yet Vihaan was feeling bad. Somewhere he was hoping that Gurmeet would wake up and the right thing. But it was impossible. He knew it was not gonna happen.

Vihaan felt his legs getting heavy as he walked towards Gurmeet "Papa..."He said "Your Drink"

"Thank you Son" Gurmeet smiled.

Vihaan's heart broke into pieces. He kept telling himself that what he was doing was best for the country, for the people, for the future, for the next generations..!

Gurmeet slowly started drinking the scotch. He was taking little sips but the poison was powerful. Vihaan saw his eyes were getting heavy.

"I think I need to sleep" Gurmeet said.

"Yes.. Finish the drink and get some rest" Vihaan replied.

Someone knocked on the door and Vihaan felt his stomach churning.

"Come in" Gurmeet said.

And before Vihaan could say anything a servant came in.

"Air chief marshal has send this parcel" He bowed down "Says it's important and confidential. He couldn't come because of the chaos"