तमसो मा ज्योतिर्गमय

Himani sat with Ranveer and Sumedh. She was feeling little uncomfortable. Everyone was silent.

"Umm.. Sumedh.. Won't you introduce us?" Ranveer asked to break the silence.

"Yes.. Himani, meet Ranveer sir.. He is a businessman and a family friend" Sumedh said.

"Hello Sir" Himani said with a smile.

"And this is Himani.. My girlfriend." Sumedh said proudly.

"Ohhhh.. Laga hi mujhe.. Itni der se friend ko bulana hai.. Friend se baat karni hai kar rahe the." Ranveer teased.

Sumedh chuckled. Himani felt weird. She lowered her lashes.

"So, You both know Aarushi?" He asked.

"Aarushi?" Himani asked in confusion.

"AarushI Tiwari. My neighbour." Sumedh answered.

"Yes I know. But why suddenly her name?" Himani asked.

"Wait.. You are the one who told Sumedh about general being in your home." Ranveer suddenly said.

"Yes" Himani confessed. "I am the one. And my father is very angry because of my mistake.

" I see.. "Ranveer said.

" So. Tumhare bhai se kuch khabar mili? "Sumedh asked.

" Nai.. He left for duty "Himani was getting confuse.

" He told you that he's going to join his duty?" Ranveer asked.

" Over a phone call. Yes" Himani said.

Ranveer lost in his thoughts. Sumedh and Himani continued their chatting.

" Ranveer sir? "Sumedh snapped his fingers to grab his attention.

Ranveer startled and looked towards him.

" Kya hua? "Sumedh asked.

" Nothing.. I think I should leave. I have to meet my family now. I am happy that you both were able to meet because of me.. But now I am going and leaving you guys here for a good dinner date. Enjoy. "Ranveer said cheerfully.

Both Sumedh and Himani smiled.

" That's so sweet of you.. Thank you so much sir. "Himani said.

" Don't call me sir.. Both of you.. Plz" Ranveer said. "Itna bhi buddha nahi hoo main..what's your age?"

"Twenty three" Sumedh answered.

"Okay.. So I am only nine years older than you" Ranveer laughed. "Plz call me Ranveer"

"Okay.. Ranveer.." Sumedh said.

****

Aarushi opened her eyes and felt her head hurting. Everything was dark and she couldn't identify the place where she was sleeping.

"Papa" She said. A second passed and she came in reality. All the incidents from last night flashed in front of her. She became scared and screamed.

Vihaan, who was peacefully sleeping on couch woke up with her scream. He stood up and switched on the lights. She was shivering uncontrollably.

"Aarushi what happened" He asked while walking towards her.

"Door raho.." She shouted. "Stay away from me you murderer"

Vihaan took few steps back.

"You killed my father.. You killed my father.."She cried.

Vihaan was getting irritated because she was constantly calling him a murderer.