क़ल्ब

Ranveer and Aarushi were bursting firecrackers with other people from village. War was over! India won the war. Kashmir was snatched back from insurgents and it was under Indian Government again.

Sameeksha was there too. She was wearing a saree and her face was covered with pallu.

Aarushi told everyone that Sameeksha came from UP to work here and from an agency they found her to do housework. Everyone belived it and no one questioned.

Sumedh was extremely happy because war was over and that meant Himani was coming back to Pune.

"Sumedh.. Tumhe itni baar dekha hai sab logone ki ab sab sochte hai tum rishtedar ho" Ranveer said.

"Main hoo Rishtedar" Sumedh said "Main tumhe dada bolta hoo"

Ranveer smiled "Chalo yeh bhi sahi hai"

"Guys come on let's have dinner" Aarushi said "Aaj sab special bana hai.. We won the war"

"War jeet toh gaye hai par I hope khatam bhi ho gayi ho" Sameeksha said as they came back in house.

"Matlab? Jeet gaye toh khatam ho hi gayi na?" Aarushi asked.

"Yeh wali khatam ho gayi. General ko War karna accha lagta hai shayad.." Sameeksha said "Ab pata nahi kisi aur cheez ke liye war kar baithe"

"Ho sakta hai" Sumedh said "I am hoping ki ab prisoners ko bhi release kar de General"

"Karna chahiye" Sameeksha said "Your mother must be feeling terrible. She thinks I am dead"

"She's a tough woman" Sumedh said.

"I know.. But that place.. It takes everything out of you.. Love, courage, kindness, sympathy.. Everything" Sameeksha said.

Everyone kept quiet. Ranveer cleared his throat "You're here now Darling. It's okay" He said.

Sameeksha smiled "Let's toast for India's victory" She raised her glass.

"To India's Victory" Everyone said.

*****

Vihaan was waiting for Himani on railway station. She was to come back today after serving in War. Sumedh was there too but he was hiding from Vihaan. He still couldn't find courage to meet Himani in front of him.

Himani stepped out of the train and Sumedh saw her. She was wearing a white coloured kurti with black leggings. He noted that she was looking thin and pale. She wasn't smiling.

Vihaan went ahead and stood in front of her "Welcome back" He said.

She looked up in his eyes and but Vihaan couldn't keep the eye contact. He looked down. Why was he feeling such kind of guilt? He was trying his best to do something about the situation but still he was feeling guilty.

"Mummy papa aaj Pune aaye hai kyu ki tum aayi ho. Thode din baad hum sab Delhi jayenge. Tum bhi sath chalna" Vihaan said.

"Main Delhi nahi aaungi" Himani declared "Waha nahi raha jayega mujhse jaha se mere desh pe atyaachar shuru hote hai"

"Himani" He grabbed her arm "Can you please think before you speak? Kitne log hai yaha?"

"Tum sab logone toh maan liya hai ki hum ab aazad desh me nahi rehte" She said "Par main yeh kabhi nahi manungi..."

Vihaan sighed "Hum ghar chalke baat karte hai"

Himani didn't move. She stood there and moved her gaze everywhere.

"Wo yaha nahi aayega jab tak main idhar hoo" Vihaan said "Main bahar hoo car ke pas. Tum bahar aaogi aur mere sath ghar chalogi.. Tab hum baat karenge"