नाज़ाँ

Ranveer and Aarushi kept looking at him. Sumedh was actually there. They couldn't believe. Drums stopped rolling.

"Sumedh" Aarushi said.

"Yes" He said.

"Oh my god you're really here" Aarushi hugged him tightly.

Ranveer also hugged both of them. People who were there started staring at this unusually happy reunion. They had tears in their eyes and smiles on their faces. They were happily hugging each other.

"I can't believe this" Sumedh said "You guys are alive. I am so happy"

"You're well too" Aarushi said.

"How have you been Sumedh?" Ranveer asked "You can't imagine how relived we are to see you"

Sumedh smiled "I am okay Ranveer.. How are you? Kaha chale gaye aap?"

"Sab bataunga.. Can we go outside? Sab log ajib tarike se dekh rahe hai yaha" Ranveer suggested.

"Pehle darshan karenge phir chalenge" Aarushi said.

*****

Vihaan was sitting in his cabin. Meetings were lined up but he was unable to concentrate. He told his secretary to not to disturb him for some minutes.

Vihaan took a deep breath. He was so busy since he came back that he couldn't even think about what his life had become. A web of lies! He lied to everyone including his family. Most importantly he lied to General Gurmeet. What if he gets caught? India wasn't a democratic country anymore. He could die for lying to General.

Vihaan felt his heart aching as he thought about Aarushi. He loved her. He was still in love with her. That was the reason he decided to go against General Gurmeet. Aarushi was innocent and was a victim of this whole situation. He was happy that she was alive and safe. But for how much time this lie was gonna continue? Vihaan dreaded the moment when everyone would find out that Aarushi and Ranveer were alive.

He switched on the TV to watch the news. Every news channel was praising the war. The war had started and Indian army was successful in taking two villages back from the insurgents. Insurgents were well equipped. They had weapons but Indian army was more capable. He knew this wasn't gonna be easy. Not as easy as Gurmeet was thinking. But who will tell him?

Vihaan was brought back to reality when phone on his desk rang.

"Yes" He said as he picked up.

"It's your sister on the line Major" He heard his secretary "She said it's urgent so I had to connect"

"Okay" Vihaan said.

"Dada" He heard Himani's voice.

"Himani.. How's the training going?" Vihaan asked.

"Training is going good Dada.. But I have some concern" She said.

"What concern?" He asked.

"I am here at the army hospital.. They're bringing in soldiers.. But what about those people? There are civilians. Also what about insurgents? They're our citizens too. We can not treat this as a normal war.. This is a civil war, right? Everybody is a subject of our country" Himani said.

"Himani" Vihaan said with a stern voice "This is none of your business. Are you so naive that you're calling me to tell all this? Do what you're asked to do and nothing else"

"But Dada.." Himani was saying when Vihaan hung up.

He was angry.

'Sumedh ke sath reh reh kar har baat pe activism karne ki aadat lag gayi hai ise.. Har baat pe protest.. Har baat pe apna opinion dena' He thought.