(023.) SISTER DEAREST

࿐ ࿔*:・゚𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄.
SISTER DEAREST

༻༺━━━━🌻━━━━༻༺

༻༺━━━━🌻━━━━༻༺

Amber was nervous. Really nervous. She hasn't seen her younger sister for 5 years and now here she was, standing in front of her cousin's apartment as her sister was waiting for her inside. She was shaking as if she was cold, a shiver running up her spine, while her clammy hands held her baggage tightly until her knuckles turned white. She could do this. She could do this.

Just as she was about to knock, Amber sighed. "I can't do this... Nope, I can."

She knocked on the door and humming a song under her breath, waited until she could hear the door being unlocked. Her cousin stood in front of her, a smile on their face.

"Hello, Makana," Kendall greeted, a teasing smile on their face as Amber sighed at hearing that name.

"I told you I don't like being called by my real name, Ken," she said before a smile replaced her frown. "Now come here and hug me!"

Kendall laughed and hugged their cousin, leading her inside their house where she took off her shoes by the entrance. "Lani has been waiting. She looks like she's ready to pop."

"Like, how ready?"

"Ready, ready," Kendall said. "Like, if you press a needle on the stomach it's going to pop. Like a balloon!"

"Yeah, talk about me as if I wasn't here."

Amber shushed her sister, not looking at her. She continued staring at her cousin. "How you've been? Any news about that horrible boss of yours?"

"I quit," Kendall smiled, receiving a cheer from Amber.

"Yay! Your boss was an asshole," she commented. "But we'll talk later. Right now we have to deal with this pregnant lady here and have to scold her."

"I already scold her," Kendall chuckled. "It's your turn now."

Amber turned around and faced her sister. The 14-year-old was now a 19-year-old with a big belly, several tattoos on her hand and wrist, and her hair was up in a bun, strands falling out. She didn't look like a baby anymore.

"So, your boyfriend left you?" Amber started off and Kendall snorted, flicking her on the head. "What? At least now your future kid is going to have something to joke about."

"Really, Amber?" Alani questioned her with an unamused face.

"Shh," the brunette shushed her. "I'm talking so shush. What the hell were you doing in Georgia? Mom said you were in Hawaii. This bitch lied to me."

"Don't call mom that."

"I'm sorry do you want me to call her a narcissistic, abusive asshole?" Amber sarcastically asked. Her sister stayed quiet and Kendall let out a small "ooh" under their breath. "No, right? So, anyways, she lied to me, you haven't contacted me in five years and I suddenly get texted that you got left, you're pregnant, you have nowhere to go, and need money."

"But—"

"Now, I know that it wasn't your fault you got left," the girl continued, "but it isn't my duty, ha! I said duty."

Amber and Kendall snickered and Alani rolled her eyes. "Are you almost finished?"

"No!" Amber exclaimed, clearing her throat. "Back to what I was saying, it wasn't your fault you got left, but it isn't my duty to give you money."

"As an older sister it is."

"No, it's not!" Kendall exclaimed at hearing Alani's words. "If you weren't pregnant I would've smacked you."

"'Lani I care for you a lot even after all those years," Amber sighed. "I'm not going to just leave you on the side of the street either because your dumbass boyfriend acted like a dumbass and left."

"Tell her, A."

"Are you ready for the baby?" Alani nodded, rubbing her stomach. "Are you ready for motherhood in general?" Another nod. "You won't be alone through all of this, but I just wanted to know that you're ready for what you signed yourself up for."

"I'm sure," Alani breathed out. "Now let's ignore the fact that I'm pregnant and let's focus on your relationship with that faceless dude."

"Oh, yeah!" Kendall perked up, resting their head on their hands. "Mr. McDreamy huh?"

"What?" Amber frowned in confusion at how they knew Dream.

"Amber, you and him are trending everywhere," Alani laughed. "I was on Twitter last time checking on the news and I see #amberwastakenkids trending and opened it, only to see you and him trending and all these users calling themselves your kids."

"And let's not forget how hard he's crushing on you," Kendall laughed a little. "He's such a simp."

"No he's not," Amber playfully rolled her eyes. "He's just a really great friend."

"Mhmm," both Alani and Kendall hummed, not believing her words.

"Oh, 'Lani," Kendall looked at their cousin, "did you know that Dream lives in Florida, too?"

Alani gasped and looked at her sister. "Are you going to visit him?" Not receiving an answer the girl slapped her sister's arm. "You are! Go get ready and tell him to pick you up or something."

"No, I'm spending today with you. I haven't seen you for 5 years!"

"Fine, text him and we'll see how he is."

"I'll ask him if he's free on Discord," Amber replied, staring down at her phone. She looked up, though, when she heard no replies and saw her cousin and sister looking at her in shock. "What?"

"Discord?" Alani asked. "You don't have his phone number?"

"Is "Can I have your discord?" the new "Can I have your number?" or... If it is, get it, A!" Amber chuckled as her cousin raised their hand up for a high-five and Amber high-fived them before turning to look at her sister.

"We just met."

"That's not going to be your excuse for everything right?" Alani questioned. "You're going to see his face and you just met, you could easily ask for his number."

"I don't want to rush—"

Alani swiftly grabbed her sister's phone and Amber, flabbergasted, didn't process what she did until her phone was back in her hands.

"He texted back," Alani smiled.

"That quick?" Kendall asked, her mouth opened.

"Yep, and he gave you his phone number. Call him."

AUTHOR'S NOTE

it's going fast I know! 😭
but I'm telling you all it's
going to be like Marinette
and Adrien.

A new chapter in 4
hours, beware :)

(heatwaves started playing
as im typing this 😂😂😂)