(BONUS SCENE.) THEIR FAMILY TRADITION

࿐ ࿔*:・BONUS CHAPTER.
THEIR FAMILY TRADITION

༻༺━━━━🌻━━━━༻༺

"Mom, I can't find my shoes."

Alo popped up in the dining room with his head moving side to side, eager to find the misplaced shoes that he couldn't find. He moved to each chair, looking, before moving away and looking someplace else.

"Did you try to see if they're under the couch?" Amber asked, eating a spoonful of yogurt.

"I already looked down there," Alo mumbled under his breath, before sighing and going back to the living room. He looked underneath the couch and what did he find? The shoes he couldn't find. "I swear, they weren't there."

Amber snorted and Dream softly scoffed from beside her. "Mom's always had that magical effect. How do you do it?"

"I can't reveal my mojo," Amber smiled at him and Kai came downstairs as soon as his aunt and uncle were leaning in to kiss.

"You guys are disgusting," he commented and both Amber and Dream opened their mouths to defend themselves before the teenager squinted his eyes at them. "Don't bring up Alex."

"Talking about Alex," Dream started, "are they gonna come to the picnic with us?"

"This is our family time," Kai answered. "I made time for them later on, taking them to the fair nearby that Uncle Kaleo recommended."

"Mmm," Amber hummed, standing up to put her spoon in the sink while throwing away her cup of yogurt. "Just be careful. I don't know if your mom is gonna pop up or something. Remember that if she does pop up, call me, and I'll head down there."

"God," Kai shook his head with a huff of annoyance escaping past his lips, Alo standing next to his mom to drink some chocolate milk, "why does she have to come back to my life? I don't want her. She left me."

"She wasn't ready," Amber said. "I'm not defending my sister with her actions, but it's better she left me with you, instead of her taking you in when she barely knew how to handle herself."

"Were people opposed to you taking me in?" Kai asked as he helped grab the basket filled with food. Dream grabbed the blankets and the keys, making sure that Patches and JB were okay (a/n: they live, i am not killing them).

"Oh, yeah," Amber nodded, making sure that they had everything for their picnic. "Everyone was opposed to it. It pissed off people that your mom left you, but I didn't really care. They said I ruined my life, that I was young, and to send you for adoption. But, I was your family. I was the black sheep of my family so I knew how you would feel if you found out that you had a family but they didn't want you."

"And you are the most amazing person in my life," Dream coughed from beside them and Kai playfully rolled his eyes, "and you, too, Uncle Clay."

Getting inside the car, Dream drove off to the location of the park that they knew for sure was definitely going to be packed. Since it was Valentine's Day, they knew that every couple or a couple of friends were going to be there, celebrating. But, it was tradition, so they liked going to that park even if it was filled with a bunch of people and horny teenagers.

"Why don't you and dad celebrate together?" Alo asked and Dream and Amber glanced at each other. "You two never celebrate Valentine's Day from what I noticed."

"We like celebrating with you," Dream spoke. "It's nice spending time with you two before you leave us."

Both adults dramatically sniffed, characteristics matching after years of being together. They would even turned around in synch without knowing, or do the same hand movements without knowing that the other is doing so. They liked to mirror one another a lot.

"You guys are so dramatic," Kai chuckled. Alo hummed in agreement and the two looked out the windows. "By the way, Uncle Clay, Coach was asking for you on Thursday, needed your help on something."

"Of course he does," Dream mumbled under his breath, not liking Kai's coach. "I don't like that man. He is so... ew."

"Very mature of you," Alo commented and Amber shook his head while a giggle escaped her lips, hand intertwined with Dream's. "Oh, remember that I have—"

"Your art exhibit at school," Amber glanced at her son, a smile spreading on her lips. Alo smiled. "We remembered, bud. We'll be there. Your Aunt Noelani wanted to come, too. You know how much she loves art and is very excited to see what you've drawn."

"So, game on Friday," Dream noted out loud, a hum of confirmation coning from Kai. "6 to 8?"

"Yep."

"Okay, I remembered," Dream said. "We'll be there before to get good seats and away from the other parents. They are asses to us so... no. And then, Saturday, we have the art exhibit at your school auditorium, A?"

"Yeah," Alo nodded.

"3 to 6 PM?" Alo hummed and Dream nodded. "His game is gonna have me raging, I swear..." Kai snickered, "and yours, well-"

"It's going to bore you to death," Alo smiled cheekily at his dad and Dream squinted his eyes as he checked both side of the road. "Dad, you don't hide your yawns really well. Sometimes I just wanna..."

Alo stuck his palm out and smacked it with the other hand, emphasizing that he wants to hit his dad's mouth every time he yawns in his art exhibits.

"And I wanna do that, too, when you make my teammates cry," Kai gave him a playful pointed look and Dream laughed at the thought.

"Oh, come on," he started, "it's amusing."

"Seeing teenagers crying because their captain's uncle is yelling at them?" Kai raised an eyebrow and Amber looked at Dream.

"Okay, I feel a bit bad but," Dream emphasized the word and Alo laughed a little at hearing how it sounded, "they don't run fast. It's football, that's what you're supposed to do the most."

"Not just football," Kai breathed out. "You annoy my teammates in my soccer games. I'm surprised they haven't kicked me out."

"I'm just being supportive, duh."

"Mom is very quiet during those games," Alo pointed out and Amber snickered, unbuckling her seatbelt as soon as they reached their destination.

"I'm quiet because I don't get the games."

"Makes sense, makes sense," both both hummed, getting out and grabbing the things they needed for their picnic.

They turned to look at the park and to their surprise, not a lot of people were there. But then they realized that it was a Monday and it was pretty early. Not that much early, though, around 2 PM. The sun was out and it looked peaceful.

"Last one to our spot doesn't get chocolate milk."

Dream watched the three run towards the spot with Alo and Kai trying to cheat by trying to softly push Amber. It didn't work and Amber was the first one to land on the spot they always sat on.

"I won, losers!"

"That's not fair!"

"All the chocolate is for me."

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Happy Valentine's Day!