(065.) THE VOICE OF THE SHE-DEVIL

࿐ ࿔*:・゚𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄
THE VOICE OF THE SHE-DEVIL

࿐ ࿔*:・゚𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄THE VOICE OF THE SHE-DEVIL

༻༺━━━━🌻━━━━༻༺

"As much as I love to see you two sleeping next to each other, Mom's on the phone, Amber."

Amber immediately sat up, eyes briefly glancing at Dream who jerked awake, too. She looked at her brother who had peaked his head in, eyeing the baby gurgling in his crib beside Amber's bed.

"What?" She mumbled, rubbing her eyes. She stood up and yawned, noticing from the clock on her nightstand that it was 10 am.

"Mom's on the phone," Kaleo repeated, having muted himself. He passed Amber his phone who tenderly grabbed it, and immediately headed towards the baby who briefly raised his arms for his uncle to pick him up.

"Hello?" Amber said.

"Do you want me to stay or leave?" Dream whispered to her.

"Amber!" Amber flinched at her mom's loud tone and just as Dream was about to stand up, Amber grabbed his hand, stopping him from going any further. "Honey, where's the money for my rent?"

"Mom, look," Dream felt her hand grip his tightly, shaking with nerves, "I-I don't want to send you money anymore."

"But I'm your mother, Makana," Amber's mom sternly spoke. Amber scrunched her nose at hearing her real name. "I put a roof over your head and you won't do the same with me?"

"You put a roof over my head because you had to," Amber
her forehead. "Mom, have you considered finding a job? You're 42, there are still available jobs for you."

"I don't want to work," her mom continued. "God, I don't get paid enough and your poor dad got fired because his boss was an asshole."

"No, no, no," Amber furrowed her eyebrows. "Dad's boss wasn't an asshole, Dad was. Hell, he threw tantrums in his job for no reason at all and expected to be paid more when he didn't even work. He skipped his job, showed up late, and got in arguments with customers that were asking him simple questions."

"It isn't his fault, Amber," her mom breathed out irritatedly. "He was misunderstood."

"Misunderstood my ass!" Amber exclaimed and Dream jumped, startled by her sudden change of voice. Wow, her mom must've been a really mean person if Amber was lashing out and raising her voice. "Dad is an asshole. You are an asshole. Why can't you get through that brain of yours that I'm tired, tired, of sending you close to $2,000 each month?"

"You were always so ungrateful to me and your father," her mother scoffed just as Kaleo came into the room with a fussy baby and chocolate milk.

"Hey, the baby doesn't want to be with me," Kaleo mumbled, passing her the cup of chocolate milk. "Made you some chocolate milk, too, since I know how Mom is."

Amber nodded at him in thanks and took a tip of her milk, watching her brother pass the baby to Dream who had his arms sticking out to take Kai from him.

"All I know is that Alani wouldn't do this to me. She would've helped—"

"Oh, please," Amber snorted sarcastically, "your dumb daughter got herself pregnant and made me the guardian of her baby. She left with her dumb boyfriend to Maryland and left me the baby. If she couldn't help me with her own child, how do you expect her to help her own mother?"

"Amber—"

"No," Amber sternly spoke, her hand immediately seeking for both Dream and Kai's hands. Dream knew what she was trying to do, so he placed Kai's hand on top of his and grabbed Amber's hand, feeling her posture calm down. "I'm not sending you money no more. I'm tired of being so naive to what you do to me. I'm tired of you in general. Leave me alone. Leave my nephew alone. Please."

Before her mom could wait a response, Amber hung up. She was panting a little, chest heaving up and down as if she just ran from her room to her neighbor two doors down.

"You okay, babe?" Dream called out and she inhaled heavily.

"Did I just do that?" She breathed out in disbelief.

"Yep," Kaleo proudly smiled at her before patting her head. "Feed the baby his formula. I'll make breakfast. Very proud that you finally stood up to her."

Kaleo walked out and Amber took Kai from Dream's arms. She shushed the fussy baby, swaying him side to side while taking ahold of the bottle Dream had passed to her. Kai eagerly took the bottle, eyes closing while he, too, let out a big sigh.

"So," Dream started, "that was your mom..."

"Yep."

"And she is crazy," he continued. Amber nodded in agreement. "If I ever meet her, I will not hesitate to tell her she's crazy right to her face. As well as your dad."

Amber smiled a little before sighing as she looked down at Kai. "I'm just... a bit relieved that I had you by my side. You, Kai, Kaleo, and Corpse have encouraged me so much without any of you knowing, but I guess I owe everything all to each and every one of you."

Dream brushed a strand of hair away from her tired face before he patted her hair like Kaleo had done not so long.

"I just know everyone's proud of you," he smiled. "I'm just happy that you won't, hopefully, have to deal with her. You just deserve happiness."

Amber sniffed as her eyes became teary. She dropped her head and placed her forehead against Kai's own.

"I-I did it," she let out. "Oh, God... I finally told my mom what I've been meaning to say so early in morning... and although I feel a bit better, I feel guilty about i just said, but I know it'll okay."

"It's definitely going to be okay."

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

To those who wanted my twitch
account, just search up

To those who wanted my twitchaccount, just search up

Im going to stream maybe next month.
I'm waiting for my friend to make me
a drawing, but since I understand how
along it may take Im not pressuring her,
and I'm just buying everything in general :)
but anyway, let's SPEEDRUN IT TOO 100
followers/j!!