3

"Just when I started getting used to the thought of closing the book, there you were." ~ Plot Twist [Niki]

Delicate hands picked up the book off the shelf and flipped through the pages, doe eyes peering curiously at the words. Everything about this school was completely different than her last. Here, the books were actually in good condition. Here, the bathrooms didn't have mold growing in different corners.

The study hall hours allowed students to roam the school freely, though they advised they used this time for academic growth. The library was where Rosie chose to reside in, her fingers trailing down the old pages of classic novels.

To Rosie, the library was beautiful.

But to Jungkook, the girl in the library was beautiful.

He never spent much time in the library. Staring at words on a paper wasn't his forte, as he had other things to do. However, he had ran down here to grab a book for his science class.

Now, his plans have changed.

He kept a slow pace as he walked towards her, finding it amusing how she already had three books in her arms. She began walking down the aisle and he placed himself on the opposite side, matching her pace as his dark eyes looked at her through the spaces in the shelves.

Rosie gasps as she turns the aisle and bumps into the ravenette, holding the books close to her chest as she stared up at him with wide eyes.

"Woah, woah, woah, it's just me," Jungkook smiles, holding onto her arms to stabilize her.

"Jungkook," she breathes, her cheeks warming. "S-sorry, I wasn't looking."

"It's okay," he chuckles softly, grabbing the first book off of the pile in her arms. "The Princess Bride?"

"It's a lovely book," she beams, rocking on her feet. "Princesses, princes, pirates, true love."

"Do you believe in true love?" he asks in amusement after her ramble, backing her into the book case.

"Yes," she gulps as her back meets the books, craning her neck up to look up at him. "Don't you?"

"Possibly," he leans his face down, his lips barely brushing against her cheek, and she could smell the leather of his jacket. "Tell me, Rosie. Who gets the girl in the end? The prince, or the reckless pirate?"

Rosie felt like her face was on fire, her mind being clouded with his intoxicating scent. She could feel his hot breath fan against her cheek and she didn't realize her hands had subconsciously travelled to his shirt, fisting the fabric in-between her fingers.

"The pirate," she whispers, and Jungkook smiles against her cheek.

He pulls away with a pleasant hum and places the book back on the pile in her arms, smirking at her flustered form.

"I'll see you, Rosie."

***

Taehyung rushes down the hallway, his shoes slapping against the pearly, white floor. His bag thumped against his back and his heartbeat was pounding against his chest, but he had to keep moving forward.

He would not be late picking his sister up.

"Come on, come on, come on," he mutters under his breath as he turns the key and puts the gear in reverse, backing out from the university's parking lot.

Taehyung worked hard to get into this college. Scholarships were one of the only hopes for the kids to move to a new location, and Taehyung worked his ass off to get those grades in.

The high school held busses and cars picking up students from school, and the spectacled man let out a sigh of relief.

He made it in time.

"Taehyungie!"

The elder smiles and lets out an "oomph" as Rosie attacks him in a bear hug, his surprise quickly turning into a deep chuckle.

"How was school, little flower?" he asks after she pulls back.

"Good!" she beams. "I made friends today."

"Did you?" he smiles fondly. "I'm proud of you, Rosie."

The praise made Rosie smile widely, and she gave Taehyung yet another hug—a softer one this time.

"How was college?" she asks.

"Good," he nods, jabbing his thumb behind him towards the car. "I'll explain on the ride home."

Unbeknownst to them, another pair of eyes were looking at them. His dark gaze studied the pair, and his eyes caught the license plate of their car as they drove off.

Oh yes, they were definitely his neighbors.

"What're you thinking about?" Hobi asks, breaking the ravenette's thoughts.

"Nothing," he states aimlessly, straddling his bike and revving the engine.

"Are there any new places to eat?" Namjoon asks, a smirk playing on his lips.

That question was really a code; a means of communicating their plans without intervening ears.

Are there any new targets tonight?

"Yes," Jungkook's lips twitched into a malicious grin. "On the corner of Baker's Street."

i wasn't going to update but i got excited so i did it anyway hehe 🙈 i hope u all are enjoying it so far! stay safe and remember to take care of yourselves 🤍