37

"A tiger inside you, rougher breath, roar it louder." ~ Tiger Inside [SuperM]

"What are we doing here?" Rosie asks, swinging her and Jungkook's intertwined hands between them.

"Training," Jungkook says seriously, using his free hand to press down on the ropes of the boxing arena so they could step over.

"Training?" Rosie repeats with a pout.

Rosie wouldn't consider herself an athlete. She had never really cared for hard core workouts, but rather leisure walks and maybe yoga if she was feeling spontaneous.

"If we're gonna be together, you need to learn to defend yourself," he says, backing away and dropping her hand.

"But... can't you protect me?" she asks, laughing nervously.

"Of course I can, honey," he reassures her, his eyes softening for a split second. "But I want you to know how to defend yourself just in case."

Jungkook hadn't told her his plan yet, and he wasn't really sure how she would react when she heard it. Nevertheless, teaching her how to fight was the first step in ensuring her safety.

"Arms up," Jungkook orders, his voice losing its friendliness and his face hardening.

Rosie holds up her arms in an awkward and weak position, causing Jungkook to tsk. She looked at him with uncertainty as he rounded her in a small circle, his dark eyes evaluating her.

"Up," he comments, grabbing her elbow and repositioning it. "Strengthen your arms, Rosie."

Rosie tries to follow his order and squeezes her fists tighter, trying to make her arms flex.

"Thumbs outside," he grabs her fist and forcefully moves her thumb out from her fingers, laying it on the side. "You'll break your finger if you punch with it inside."

Rosie gulped and nodded quickly, shuffling on her feet as she held her position like he wanted her to. Her arms were starting to hurt and she was already starting to lose hope, but she didn't want to disappoint him.

"Punch me."

"W-what?" Rosie asks timidly, her hands dropping.

"Arms up, Rosie," Jungkook snaps, causing her fists to fly back up again. "Punch me, hard. Right here on the chest."

Rosie eyes zero in on the spot that Jungkook tapped with his fingers, swallowing thickly. He was asking her to hurt him, something she never wanted to do. But she felt Jungkook's patience running thin, and she didn't want to make him angry, so she threw her elbow back for power and surged forward.

Jungkook easily caught her wrist and twisted it behind her, a yelp escaping her lips as her back was slammed against his chest.

"You made it too obvious, baby," he murmurs, grinning against the shell of her ear when she huffed. "Try again."

He released her arm and she rubbed her shoulder with a pout, turning back to him and lifting her fists. Again she tried to punch him but Jungkook was too quick, dodging her fists and landed a mock punch to her stomach.

"I can't," she whines, throwing her head back and huffing at the ceiling.

"You can, baby," he smiles, kissing her forehead before landing a smack to her ass. "Try again."

The next few minutes were filled with Rosie's failed attempts at swinging at Jungkook, her annoyance growing rapidly. Her hair had fallen out of her ponytail and her chest was heaving in pants as she stared at Jungkook, her soft form melting away.

"C'mon, Rosie," he taunts. "Hit me."

Rosie sprinted forward with an aggravated scream and slammed her hands against his chest, Jungkook kicking under her feet as she did so, and she landed on her back. He quickly pinned her wrists above her head and smirked down at her as he straddled her hips, looking at her furrowed eyebrows and her teeth gritting together in anger.

"You okay?"

"No!" she shouts in frustration.

Jungkook's eyebrow rose in amusement and he chuckled, leaning down and kissing her pout. He could tell she was mad by the way she was kissing him with such urgency, like she was using him to take her anger out.

His grip on her wrists softened and he trailed them down her sides, breathing in her gasps as she shuddered underneath him. He felt her fingers grip onto the front of his shirt, as if urging him closer, and he granted her her wish by swiping his tongue across her lower lip.

Rosie felt warm and fuzzy, and it was like her anger was slipping out of her body like it was never there. She let out a whimper when Jungkook explored the inside of her mouth and his fingers creeped underneath the waistband of her leggings, pulling them up slightly to let them snap against her skin.

Her hips involuntarily bucked upward and Jungkook caught them midair, grinding down on her slowly. Her trembling lips broke off from his as a shaky moan pushed past, looking up at him with flushed cheeks.

"You're sexy when you're mad," he smirks, doing a particularly rough grind that had her eyes fluttering shut.

What was supposed to be training flew out the window as his lips claimed the column of her throat and kissed the soft skin, gently lowering her hips as he did so.

But as much as he would love to do this with her, it was unsanitary to do it on a gym floor.

"My eager little bunny," he murmurs against her lips, kissing her sweetly.

The new nickname caused her face to heat up, pulling him down with her grip on his shirt to hide in his neck.

"I'm sorry for getting mad," she says quietly, her lips brushing against his skin as she spoke.

"Rosie," he pulls away and frowns at her sad face. "We just started training, it's okay to feel upset. It's not easy."

"I promise I'll try harder next time," she whispers determinedly.

"You're already working hard," he promises, a small smile tugging at his lips. "Don't worry too much about it, babe. We still have time."