26

"I selfishly want only myself to be living in this fairytale called you." ~ Bambi [BAEKHYUN]

Jungkook was on his back with Rosie tucked into his side, cuddled underneath the covers of his bed. It was quiet and both were on the verge of slipping into a nap, too lazy to even try and go back and finish school.

"I'm sorry," Rosie suddenly whispers against his chest.

"What for?" he hums, rolling his head down to press his nose to her hair.

"Everything. For your parents and for running the gang."

Jungkook frowns and slowly turns to face her, sliding his hand around her side so that his palm could lay flat on her back.

"Don't be, I'm okay," he sighs. "If anyone, I should be sorry. I still brought you into my world knowing what you've gone though."

"Taehyung told you?" she asks quietly, clutching onto the front of his shirt when he nodded.

"I was ready to fucking kill him," Jungkook growls, pulling her closer with an aggravated sigh. "Taehyung told me to stay calm but I pretty much exploded as soon as I got out of your house."

"He still scares me," she admits in a small whimper, looking up at him with tears in her eyes.

"I know, baby," Jungkook frowns, placing his hand behind her head to lead her down to rest on his chest again. "I won't let him or anyone else hurt you again."

Rosie held onto him tightly as she began crying again, the reassurance that he was actually willing to protect her against everyone making her emotional. She wished she could promise him the same thing, but she wasn't sure if she was strong enough.

But she held him tightly as they let their eyes close, and she hoped that was enough to let him know.

***
It was Friday when they went to school the next day, which meant there was a football game. As much as Ryan tried to persuade her to go, Rosie didn't really feel like going, and the boys and her actually made plans to go to the diner instead.

"Rosie!"

Said girl looks up and smiles brightly as Amber heads towards their table, waving in excitement.

"Hey, haven't seen you in forever," Amber laughs, pushing herself in-between Yoongi and Namjoon.

"I've been here," Rosie giggles, shrugging slightly.

"Well I was thinking we could exchange numbers so we can hang out soon," she offers, ignoring Namjoon's scoff.

Jungkook wasn't so much on board with it either, wrapping an arm around Rosie's waist protectively. The brunette leaned into his side innocently as she waited for Amber to type her number in, happy that she was gaining another friend.

"What about tonight?" Amber asks.

"We're busy," Jungkook says flatly.

"I wasn't talking to you," Amber snaps.

"W-well, we're going to the diner tonight," Rosie says shyly. "Maybe we could do it another-"