13

"Baby, don't have doubts. Are you listening? My voice is certain. Because in my songs, it's only you." ~ Addicted [Baekhyun]

Rosie sat quietly at the lunch table as the boys talked, her head swarming. She couldn't stop thinking about what Ryan had told her in English earlier today.

"So, you and Jungkook, huh?"

"What?" Rosie's head lifts with her eyebrows knitted together.

"I just never expected to see you two together," Ryan continues. "I mean, he's a dangerous guy, Rosie. Haven't you heard the rumors? Him and that group are all part of a gang or something."

"A gang?"

"Yeah, you know like, drugs and porn stars? Stuff like that," Ryan shrugs. "I mean, no one ever really talks to them either. They're mean people."

"That's not nice, Ryan," she frowns, growing defensive.

"I'm just saying," he says, holding his hands up.

"I think they're nice people," she replies. "It's not nice to spread rumors like that."

"You're too acceptable, Rosie," he shakes his head with a small laugh. "I'm just telling you so you don't get hurt."

"So what about you, Rosie?" Jin asks, clasping his hands together on the table.

"Hm?" she blinks in confusion as she looks at him.

"This weekend," Jin smiles. "What're you doing?"

"Oh, well it's my birthday this Saturday. Taehyungie and I might watch a movie and eat cake," she says, and all of the boys gasped dramatically.

"You didn't tell us your birthday was so soon!" Jimin whines.

"It's not a big deal," she says shyly. "I've never done anything big for it."

"Well that's lame," Hobi frowns. "You need a party."

"With alcohol," Yoongi adds with a grin.

"No alcohol," Namjoon butts in. "I'm not babysitting."

"I don't drink anyway," she laughs nervously. "But I can ask Taehyungie to have some friends over for my birthday."

"Great!" Jimin beams, and then he was off talking about where to go to buy her presents.

Rosie smiles at all the caring boys and hopes in her heart that she'll be granted a good birthday this year. She couldn't deny how fun it would be to have more people over for her birthday.

All she had to do now was convince her brother.

***

Jungkook's head rested against her shoulder as he lazily followed the words of the book she was reading. He was getting annoyed, from lack of sleep and attention, so he turned his head up with a huff and nosed along her neck.

"Are you having trouble sleeping?" she whispers through one shaky breath.

"Yeah," he murmurs, his lips brushing against her soft skin. "Will you help me?"

Rosie nodded and carded her fingers through his hair, causing his eyelids to flutter shut. He fell back down onto her shoulder and her cheeks warmed as he let out a sigh against her neck.

"Is this okay?" she asks quietly. "My mother used to do this a long time ago. It helped me sleep."

"It feels good," he hums. "Keep doing it."

Rosie nodded even though he couldn't see her and continued reading, though it was difficult with one hand in his hair and the other pressing down on the book to keep it balanced on her lap. Her concentration broke soon enough anyway when she heard a snore come from his lips, so she set the book away with a small smile.

When she was done, she looked down at him. Her pulse quickened and her heart fluttered, because Jungkook... Jungkook was handsome.

Her free hand raised hesitantly and she ran her fingers across the small scar on his cheek. Her curiosity raised, wondering where he got such a cut to paint his pretty face.

Ryan's words echoed in her head again and she couldn't help but wonder if he got the scar from doing something dangerous in the gang. She didn't want to think like that, but her head was swarming with questions.

Was Jungkook the bad guy?

***

"Need any help?" Taehyung asks as he busies himself with a cup of coffee.

The siblings were in the kitchen, Rosie finishing up some last minute homework and her brother preparing for his night ahead.

"No, thank you," she denies politely, hesitating a few seconds before setting her pencil down. "Taehyung?"

"Hm?" he hums around his mug.

"Do you think I could have some friends over this year for my birthday?"

Taehyung raises an eyebrow and leans back against the fridge, cradling the cup in between his hands. Rosie had never had friends over for a birthday before. He usually just baked her a cake and then snuck into her room so they could watch a movie on his phone.

But this year was different. They had a lot more freedom this year.

"I don't see why not," he shrugs. "How about you figure out the details and get back to me?"

"Okay!" she beams, growing excited for her big day.

And for, most importantly, having the ravenette over in her house again.