52

"Where's my way? The ground keeps quaking. I collapse on my own, mute. Louder than bombs." ~ Louder than bombs [BTS]

"Are you sure, Jungkook?"

"I'm sure."

His uncle shifted in his desk chair with a grin, folding his hands in front of him on the desk. His nephew had grown into a strong, young man, running a gang and all. But now—now he is starting to really become a powerful gentleman.

"It's not easy," his uncle starts. "There'll be days that feel worse than those missions you've gone on. There'll be days when you're ready to throw it all away and become a shell."

"I know," Jungkook says, his voice calm and firm. "I've thought about this for awhile now. I don't want my life continuing this way down the line."

"You're ready to throw it all away?"

"Throwing it all away sounds rather dramatic, don't you think?" Jungkook says, raising an eyebrow as he folds one leg over the other. "I'm ready to change the direction of my life, and if you won't help me, that's okay. I didn't come here to be spoiled."

Jungkook's uncle sits back in his chair, his face full of amusement. His nephew really had morphed into a mature man. He wondered if it was because of this Rosie girl he had been hanging around.

"Well then, let's get started," his uncle smiles. "There's a lot to learn about business, Kook. Can you handle it?"

"For her? Absolutely."

***

Rosie stood in the kitchen finishing the last few cupcakes, her eyebrows furrowed softly in concentration. Jungkook should be home any minute now, or at least, she hoped he would be. She would hate to be late to Yoongi's birthday party.

The pale boy had said he didn't want a party—didn't feel like entertaining people when he didn't have to. The friend group had convinced him to at least have a small thing with the group, to which he agreed since Rosie offered to bake his favorite cupcakes and Hobi told him he would bring alcohol.

When Jungkook entered the house, she had just finished washing her hands. She spun around and smiled up at him brightly—simply because of his presence—and his eyes softened as he took in her cute, spring dress and frilly white socks.

Yeah, he definitely made the right choice.

"You're home," she beams, wrapping her arms around him. "Did you get to catch up with your uncle?"

"Mhm," he sighs, hugging her tighter before laying his head down on her shoulder.

He hummed tiredly as her fingers threaded through his hair and gently massaged his scalp. As much as he loved his hyung, all he wanted to do was crawl into bed with the love of his life and cuddle. Possibly have sex too.

"Are you okay?" she asks quietly, frowning when the ravenette pulled back and nodded.

"I am, baby, promise," he smiles, leaning down and kissing her. "Let's go?"

When they arrived, Yoongi was more or less having fun. He would never admit it, of course, but it was shown in the way his gummy smile presented itself whenever someone hopped on the karaoke machine or whenever someone downed a shot with him.