4

"Bury the hatchet or bury a friend right now." ~ bury a friend [Billie Eilish]

TW: Mention of sexual assault. No scenes and/or descriptions!

On the corner of Baker's Street, a man wiped the sweat off his brow with a worn handkerchief. The night air was warm, and it made him feel sluggish.

The lamppost next to his apartment was flickering, the worn light threatening to die and leave him in the darkness.

"Damn that lamppost," he curses under his breath.

He had complained to the local authorities about it, but the answer was always the same. "We'll fix it," they say to him. "Don't worry, we'll get to it soon enough."

The air was thick, and almost suffocating. It made your skin feel like it was melting butter, your feet shuffling slowly to try and escape the hot atmosphere.

All of a sudden, the lamppost finally let out, and the street was left in darkness.

It made his stomach churn with fear, blinking his eyes quickly in hopes they would adjust to the black night. But it happened so quickly, so expertly, that he never even stood a chance.

"Hello, Mr. Minch," the boy smiles, his pale hand placed securely over the wriggling man's mouth.

"Tsk, tsk, tsk," the boy taunts as Mr. Minch's eyes filled with alarming tears, trying to fight away from the boy's hold on him. "Let's play nicely, hm? I'm in a good mood tonight."

"Get on with it," the ravenette hisses through the ear piece, and the pale boy responded with a curt nod.

"Care to help, Hobi?"

"With pleasure," the dark haired boy grins as Yoongi pulls away from holding the man against the wall.

"Let go of me!" Mr. Minch cries, thrashing in Hobi's arms. "Is this some sick prank you punks think you can get away with?"

"Uh oh~," Hobi sings, giggling devilishly as Yoongi raises an eyebrow.

"You know, I was in a good mood," the pale boy growls, slipping the knife from his leather jacket and twirling it in-between his fingers. "But you're an annoying piece of shit. Scums like you don't deserve to live."

The tone of Yoongi's voice was cold, and despite the heat of the night, goosebumps erupted on Mr. Minch's arms. This had to be a joke, right? He eyed the knife nervously, switching between the long blade and Yoongi's icy eyes.

"Put down the knife, son. No one's getting hurt tonight."

"Is that what you said to Ara?" Yoongi asks bitterly, "Before you sexually assaulted her?"

Mr. Minch's breath hitches and his mouth drops open, stuttering pathetically.

"Answer him," Hobi hisses, his grip tightening on the man's shoulders.

"I didn't do anything," the man finally fibs, looking away.

And that was enough to make Yoongi snap.

"Look at me, you piece of shit!" the pale boy growls, gripping the man's chin and holding the blade against his Adam's apple. "She was nineteen. She had just gotten into college, and you ruined her life before she even got the chance to start it."

"P-please, I-I didn't do anything," he cries, fat tears rolling down his plump cheeks. "I-"

The blade ran across his throat in a sickly graceful swipe, the choked screams of the man covered by Hobi's hand. The pair watched him bleed out, the red liquid covering Hobi's hand and dripping down onto the black pavement.

"It's done," Yoongi mutters, pressing a finger to his ear piece. "The restaurant is dirty."

The job was messy, we need to clean up.

The code was sent out and it only seemed like seconds before the other boys appeared from the shadows, cleaning supplies in hand.

"Be on lookout, Chim," Jungkook mutters, bending down and popping open the bottle.

The familiar scent of bleach reached his nose, and it made his eyes squint with fresh tears building up in them. You would think after all this time he would get used to the strong odor, but it still hit the same every single time.

"Better be careful, Hobi, or you might get caught red handed," Jin laughs, throwing him a rag.

"Really, Hyung?" Hobi mutters as he cleans the blood off his hand, a smile tugging at the corner of his lips.

"Is the restaurant closing soon?" Jimin chirps.

Is the job almost done?

"Almost," Jin nods, grabbing the Clorox bottle. "Who's taking him to the warehouse?"

"I can," Namjoon nods, grabbing the trash bag.

Namjoon earned nods and a few murmurs of thanks before they continued doing their individual jobs. The air seemed lighter now, a cool breeze running through their hair as if rewarding them for their hard work.

"This is our last job for a while," Jungkook informs them after they had cleared the scene.

"I think it will be good for us," Namjoon nods with a smile, as if he didn't have a dead man in the trunk of his car.

The boys dispersed into their cars and quietly left the corner of Baker's Street without a sound. Cars were much quieter than bikes, and it was much easier to distribute bodies.

By the time the ravenette pulled into his driveway, he was exhausted. The adrenaline was spent and his body was sore, and  all he wanted was to crawl under his silk sheets and go to bed.

Trudging up the stairs, he went straight to the bathroom for a hot shower. The clothes he wore went straight to the garbage bin, and he didn't spare them another glance before hopping into the water.

The hot droplets made him groan, rolling his neck to let the water roll down his back. Tonight was an easy job, and it would've been done faster if Yoongi didn't play with the victim. But still, the job was done and Jungkook could now relax.

Changing into a low pair of sweatpants, Jungkook ruffled his hair with his towel as he walked out the bathroom and to his bedroom window. With one hand, he pulled open the curtains and peered across the street to her window.

The ravenette was surprised to see a little light in her room, her figure looking down at their street. He smiles softly and discards the towel, waiting for her eyes to pop up to his.

When they did, he could tell she was surprised from the way her doe eyes widened and her lips parted in a small gasp. They didn't say anything, and for a moment, they stayed there looking at one another until Jungkook hesitantly raised his hand and waved.

Rosie's lips parted into a smile, and she waved back before mouthing a "goodnight" and closing her curtains. She couldn't believe the ravenette was her neighbor!

Well, it wasn't much news to the ravenette, of course. He slowly slides his own curtains shut before returning to his bed, falling back with a tired sigh.

He wondered if Rosie was going to sleep now too.