38

"Just leave me alone, I tried to hide it. I'm scared of what's next." ~ Welcome to the Show [DPR LIVE]

Taehyung stood in front of the bathroom mirror, playing with his hair nervously. He floofed it one way and then floofed it another before shaking his head and running his fingers through his curls.

"Rosie?"

His eyes caught her as she walked by with her yoga mat, a determined look on her face. From hearing her brother's voice, she backtracked until she was in front of him again, holding the mat close to her chest. 

"Mhm?"

"Are you doing yoga?" he asks with a small smile. "I haven't seen you touch your mat in awhile."

"Oh, um, yeah," she smiles sheepishly. "Is that okay?"

"Of course it's okay," he chuckles, his eyes softening as he walked towards her and ruffled her hair. "I'm going out, though. Will you be alright by yourself?"

"Oh," she gulps, looking down and nodding. "Where're you going?"

"Out with a friend," he hums, readjusting his trench coat. "I'll be back later, little flower."

Rosie walked to her bedroom with quick steps, locking the door behind her. She told herself that she would be just fine being here alone without her brother. That the bad man was locked far away and Jungkook was just across the street if she needed someone.

She exhaled shakily and rolled out her mat before dipping her finger underneath the hair tie on her wrist, pulling it off and securing her hair in a high ponytail. After searching a video up on YouTube and balancing her phone against her dresser, she stepped back and positioned herself on the mat.

"Hello, and welcome to the basics of self-defense!"

***

The air was quite cold, and many leaves had fallen off their branches to coat the sidewalk in a mixture of yellow and red. They crunched underneath the man's boot as he walked with fast, determined steps towards the building, the black mask concealing everything but his cold eyes.

He entered the building and greeted the front workers, holding his hands up and allowing them to search him. It was quite funny to him, and he couldn't help but let a chuckle escape his lips. He didn't need a weapon for what he was here for.

"Who are you here for?"

"Kim Woon."

It took awhile but eventually he was escorted to a private room, sitting down on the chair a few feet away from the desk. He held his trench coat tighter around him as he crossed one leg over the other, waiting for his guest.

"Prisoner #347," a guard says as they bring the man to the desk and sit him down. His wrists were secured in cuffs and his face was worn, but his beady eyes zero in on the man sitting a few feet away.

"Who the hell are you?" he snaps.

"You can call me K," the man smiles. "You're Kim Woon, correct?"

"Yeah, and what's it to you?" the prisoner squints his eyes in suspicion.

"Oh, good," K hums, ignoring his question. "And you have a daughter, right?"

"Rosabella?" the man questions, sitting back in his seat with a grin.

"I see her and her brother got you in here, right?" K presses.

"How do you know that?" Woon spits.

"Research," K answers, waving his hand dismissively. "But it is true?"

Woon nods slowly and eyes the guard in the corner of the room nervously. He was already serving enough years as it is, he didn't need to say anything that would add to it.

"I'm going to be in contact with your daughter very soon," K informs, leaning forward in his seat. "Is there anything you'd like me to tell her?"

Woon eyes the man in front of him, a snide smirk forming on his chapped lips. He knew a bad guy when he saw one; knew what plan was formulating in the stranger's head as he leaned forward with a mischievous glint to his eyes.

"Yeah, I do," Woon smiles, and the next few words that came from his lips were laced with nothing less than poison.