17

"Don't listen to anyone else, they talk away, talk, talk." ~ Left & Right [SEVENTEEN]

"This stays between us. We're not involving the others."

"Yes, sir," the two voices replied.

"Give me a report this Saturday. I expect valuable information."

"Yes, sir."

"Oh, and another thing," the voice says, releasing a heavy sigh. "Make sure Rosie doesn't figure out."

"Yes, sir."

***

Rosie and Taehyung's relationship was still rocky. Ever since he had snapped at her, she tended to be more reserved around him because she feared she would only upset him further. Taehyung didn't seem to be doing any better—actually, he seemed even more crankier than usual. He had dark circles under his eyes and whenever they came back from school, he would collapse onto the couch and sleep for hours.

Rosie was worried, to say the least. She had been getting rides home with Jungkook lately, as she didn't want to bother her brother, but Taehyung still seemed exhausted.

"What's wrong, Rosie?" Jungkook asks, breaking her thoughts. "You were spacing out all of lunch and you're doing it again."

"Sorry," she mumbles, shifting in her bean bag to face him. "It's just... Taehyung's been acting weird."

"What do you mean?" the ravenette presses.

"I think he's just stressed with school," she frowns, pausing for a few seconds. "And... I've been hearing the door really late at night. I don't know, maybe I'm just going crazy."

"You're not going crazy," Jungkook says firmly, his eyebrows furrowing. "How long has this been going on?"

"For awhile," she sighs, shrugging sadly. "But he's been more moody ever since my birthday."

Jungkook frowns, shuffling closer to wrap an arm around her back. He nuzzled his chin on top of her head as she hid away in his chest, and he threaded his tattooed fingers through her hair to help her calm down.

"Don't worry about it just yet," he whispers. "Let's just relax for now."

Rosie was grateful they decided to drop the subject, taking a deep inhale of his comforting scent. She could stay here in the library with him for hours if she was allowed.

Unfortunately, their day continued and they didn't see each other again until the end of the day. She walked towards the group quickly and beamed up at the ravenette as he wrapped an arm around her waist, and Jungkook looked down at her with a close-lipped smile before continuing his conversation with Jin.

With Jungkook busy in conversation, that left Rosie vulnerable to the whispers around them. She had never noticed them before, but it seemed like they were everywhere now.

Many eyes, mainly belonging to girls, were looking at her with jealousy, disgust, and other unreadable expressions.

Though their whispers were enough to convey what they were thinking about.